Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Panic and fear over seeing disturbing photos?

(3 Posts)
Charleebird Sun 18-Nov-12 19:08:12

Anyone else feel overwhelming fear when you have seen a nasty photo? It happens to me ofcourse only when its real. I saw a video aswell back in june that made me panic so much i felt like i was going to collapse. They disturb me so much, and i dont no why. Other people would just go ewww thats gross! But me, i have full blown fear and panic. Whole body heats up, heart races, i feel all weird and funny.

Anyone?

BertieBotts Sun 18-Nov-12 19:29:54

Yes, I've had this once. It wasn't even a particularly explicit photo it was just the story behind it, but I had such an awful reaction to it, never felt anything like that before. I couldn't stop thinking about it and it actually stopped me from sleeping blush

Cailleach Sun 18-Nov-12 23:18:30

A friend of mine faints just on hearing of people being injured or being in danger; she can't watch the news for fear of actually seeing anything grim because otherwise she freaks out totally -and then passes out!

Odd thing is, she's not the least bit anxious or neurotic in any other way.

Probably not much use to you, OP, but I wanted you to know you aren't alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now