Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

re my thread disappeared.... my DS is in a medium secure unit aged 15

(79 Posts)
wannabestressfree Wed 25-Jul-12 21:54:57

My thread has disappeared!!!!
Anyway I came to update.
I have had lots of contact from the hospital today and things seem to be moving toward him coming home from Birmingham to a more local unit. I suggested one in Orpington but my solicitor has sent the paperwork for it and it doesn't do well in its reports. They would like him to attend one in Ealing which is the sister unit of the he is at now........

Suddenly I am being deluged by phone calls so Bindmans are doing there job.......

I am saddened he is still deemed as needing a forensic unit and they are not willing to downgrade him but if he is nearer I will be much happier. I think realistically he stands to spend the rest of his childhood in a psychiatric hospital.

I wonder where my thread has gone.......
Was I full?

wannabestressfree Mon 04-Feb-13 18:13:44

Thanks everyone. I finally feel like I have my son back

PimpMyHippo Tue 05-Feb-13 21:12:31

grin How fantastic! I am so so happy for you and your family. And well done to your DS for making such progress! smile

legoqueen Sun 10-Feb-13 13:50:51

Another de-lurking to say well done, what amazing news. You have been truly inspirational!

ISpyPlumPie Sun 10-Feb-13 14:28:02

Have just found and read this thread. Wannabe - I can only agree with everyone else about what an amazing advocate you have been for your DS; you are a true inspiration. I'm so happy that things seem to be so much positive for him now. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping that he gets the funding needed to attend the school you have found.

I think the shocking state of MH services is an absolute scandal and something of a 'hidden secret'. The lack of support for patients and their families is truly shocking. Sadly, I agree with others that it is likely to get even worse sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now