does it work if you are quite small and just want to drop a bit?

(8 Posts)
Twattergy Mon 07-Oct-13 20:32:27

I'm petite and currently weigh about 5lb above what I'd like to be. I basically have more fat around my tummy and bum/thighs than id like. Has anyone of a low starting weight had success on 5:2 or is it unlikely to do the job?

I started at 10st and lost 2st, much more than I was expecting. I've lost 11cm off my waist, 13cm from my hips and 11cm from my thigh. Many on here report significant tummy reduction.

SaltedCaramels Tue 08-Oct-13 07:06:19

Yes - just do 5:2 till you're at your target weight and then move to 6:1 to retain the health benefits without the weight loss.

It'll work (have you seen Mimi Spencer's results?)

But it will be a slow process.

Twattergy Tue 08-Oct-13 17:34:31

Interesting that it could be slow, I'm in week four and not noticed any difference yet. Mind you I only weighed myself for the first time in years at the weekend, so am only now starting to track weight. I don't care what I weigh, its purely about body shape really.

Did you take measurements when you started? Have you a pair of trousers that are slightly tight, but that you're aiming to get into? How are you measuring your progress?

Might not be slow...I lost 3.7kg in the first three weeks.

Talkinpeace Wed 09-Oct-13 22:35:17

I went from BMI 22 to BMI 20 : currently aiming for 19.5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now