Starting tomorrow, Will someone please be my diet pal?!

(57 Posts)
BeckyBrandon Tue 16-Jul-13 19:19:12

I'm marrying DP next year and I don't want to look like a walrus!! I've got an ocado shop coming tomorrow full of stuff for this diet.

I really am a bit rubbish with this kind of thing and would love a diet pal? pleeeeeease

<desperate>

formicadinosaur Mon 22-Jul-13 20:05:47

Great news foofoo. I've not been starving today but would love a nibble. Pre 5:2 diet I've definitely been eating for the sake of eating and not because I'm hungry - got to change that

Barbie when did you say your marathon is? I'm in the early stages of training up too but a whole marathon would be too far. About 13 is my limit and it will probably take three months??

Becky let me know what you find out. Ive eaten below on NFD's too but then occasionally eat more. Where do you get the miso soup?

Whoja, great going! I've had a soft boiled egg with coffee after a short morning jog of 20 mins, two 10cal jellies, broccoli with tiny weeny portion of moussaka (that's what everyone else is eating in my house). Maybe enough left for a small salad later or some almonds? Will need to check how the numbers add up first though. Really mustn't go over this time.

Barbie My TDEE is 1700 or 17500 I think. Should I be aiming for 25% of that total on fast days? 425 or 450 is low.

Also just wondering if there has been any weight loss despite it being early days? I must remember to jump on the scales first thing tomorrow. All my thoughts are on breakfast normally or getting the boys ready.

Funnyfishface Mon 22-Jul-13 23:40:49

Hi all.

I did my first fast day today.
Banana. Weight watchers yogurt. Waitrose lasagne 306 calories with green salad.
Under 500 calories.

Starting weight 130 lbs. got about 10-14 lbs to lose.

formicadinosaur Tue 23-Jul-13 07:58:05

Hi funny, how did you feel about it?

I weighted in at 1332 which is almost identical to last weigh in. Too much party food at the weekend I think.

Funnyfishface Tue 23-Jul-13 08:13:58

Hi Formica

I assume your weight is 132 not 1332 :-)

Actually I found the fast day ok. I drank loads of water. I had tried it a few weeks ago and struggled. Went back to counting calories and got so obsessed and bored with logging everything.

I am the heaviest I have ever been due to medication and lack of exercise. Only 10-14 overweight but I am 5ft 2 and struggling to get into my clothes. I am still on the medication so it might take be a bit longer to lose.

My plan is to do 5:2 and some weeks 4:3.

I am at home most of the day so it's difficult to resist temptation. I am determined now though because the extra weight around my middle is making me unhappy.

Next fast day is wed.

Good luck everyone

Bluecatfabric Tue 23-Jul-13 10:30:33

My first day went well. My TDEE is 2300 as I am tall and quite active. I am trying to stick to 500 cal though . Dinner last night was actually quite a lot so might have bigger lunch and smaller dinner.
Can anyone tell me how many cals in cooked broccoli by weight after it is cooked? I have never calorie counted before and am confused if I should weigh it before or after cooking.
Am loving reading how everyone is getting on.

BeckyBrandon Tue 23-Jul-13 17:16:57

Bluecatfabric Try calorie counting on my fitness app. it really is so so useful. It's helped me alot.

Had second fast day today. Been so busy I didn't eat anything until 4pm. Just had half a glorious soup, and will have other half later. (240 calories in a whole tup of Glorious Tuscan chicken and Orzo soup, and it is SO nice)

I'm having an alpen bar later, some weight watchers cheese puffs and a couple of coffees.

We have visitors arriving tonight so will be picking them up late. Wanted to make sure I had some snacky things, just in case.

formicadinosaur They said that going under TDEE is basically not good, Can dip it here and there though I guess and the miso soup I got from ocado but I tried it today and i HATE it, tastes like salt water :0. Had brilliant reviews though. If you want me to post it to you I will. Just let me know

formicadinosaur Wed 24-Jul-13 10:49:58

Thanks Becky. My SIL has got some though - will try it at hers this weekend.

Great to hear about your fasts blue funny and Becky. I wonder what progress we will have made in a couple of weeks? Months?

Fasting today but actually woke up hungry. Egg first thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now