Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Implant to pill?! Advice :(

(3 Posts)

I have heard so many horror stories about the implant. I'm on the pill - was microgynon now it's rigevidon - no problems with it, no weight gain or mood swings etc. Good luck!

Highschoolsweetheart Sat 29-Jun-13 13:19:02

I had my implant taken out for very similar reasons. I had put on 4 and a half stone in just over 18 months, with it in. I then went on microgynon 30. And I've lost all the weight in 9 months and actually feel back to my normal self. The pill is what I would suggest.

Gemzie1987 Wed 26-Jun-13 17:34:36

Hi guys this this is my first post on here smile
I'm having the implant removed in just over a week because my husband has basically had enough of me! I'm angry one second, crying the next, put on a stone in weight, constant bleeding, and erratic mood swings to say the very least, so I was wondering if there was a pill I could go that doesn't mean more weight gain, mood swings etc, I can't have the coil, I got pregnant on the patch lol, and I point blank refuse the depo! Any help or advice would be great. Thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now