Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mirena coil help please!

(3 Posts)
HenriettaPye Mon 24-Jun-13 16:42:15

Check up is scheduled for another 2 weeks. I seriously hope I'm not still bleeding then! Rang the doctor for advice but aparantly doctor doesn't take calls in the afternoon hmm

NumTumDeDum Mon 24-Jun-13 16:38:56

Do you have a check up scheduled? I had mine fitted on Friday. I was given an info sheet to say expect bleeding on and off for 6 months but there is a risk of perforation or your uterus expelling the coil. If you are worried the best thing to do is get it checked. The dr who fitted mine scheduled a follow up appt for a months time to make sure it's ok.

HenriettaPye Mon 24-Jun-13 16:25:25

Hi all. I had a mirena coil fitted last month. I had a bit of spotting that night and the following day then nothing. My period came as normal when due and it's still here- now into 3rd week of constant bleeding and cramping. Is this normal? It's making me feel shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now