Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

mirena coil

(4 Posts)
indih Mon 03-Jun-13 16:58:54

thank you very much for your replies... hope i wont get any
probs too.. planning to go for it

have had it for over a year now - have very little bleeding (maybe a day or two every so often that can be coped with using a panty liner or light sanitary towel), no weight gain, only had cramps just after it was fitted, seems to be doing its job ok so no horror stories from me

Hardhaton Mon 03-Jun-13 16:32:16

I had my merina coil out in nearly 3 weeks ago, it wasn't nice having it put in but I didn't get any cramps, however I have had some bloody discharge and then I came on 2 weeks early with a lot of blood loss but it only lasted 5 days instead of the 7-8 days I normally get.

indih Mon 03-Jun-13 16:27:53

im 34 and have 2 children not planning anymore. so my doctor said coil is the best option for
me. so far i havent used any contraception method. so u googled about the coil and mostly there are horror atories abt it like bleeding, waight gain, cramps etc... can you please let me know is it a best option to go for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now