Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd has swapped from microgynon to yasmin, but on 4th pill.and just started bleeding?

(5 Posts)
piratecat Tue 07-May-13 22:18:30

she was off school all last week.

scans last year, mri and ultrasound picked up the enlarged ovary. i have read that in the case of endo, it can only be picked up thru a laparoscopy.

sick of it. she's so down.

piratecat Tue 07-May-13 22:16:14

yep they are pretty bad. terrible in fact. she started when she was 9 sad

last yr she was in hospital with a haemorraged ovary to boot. nearly had to have it removed.

She was put on the pill a few months ago to try and help the pain. She has had 1 ok period out of 3 on microgynon, so dr swapped her to Yasmin, which she began on saturday (day 7 period had stopped) like you would start a new pack, but has fresh blood tonight.

nothing helps the pain i'm afraid, nothing. she's had everything the gp can throw at it.

oops sorry link didn't work did it

i meant these

poor girl. I highly recommend these heat pads although they are pricey might be a comfort through her sats?

was there a reason she swapped pills? They must be pretty bad for her to be on any kind of pill at that age.

piratecat Tue 07-May-13 22:01:10

my daughter, poor thing. only 11 and has had terrible periods, which microgynon has not helped.

what now ?? sad another pill, give it longer? she has sats next week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now