What makes a good family day out ? Help needed for National Trust Talk

(104 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 18-Jan-13 12:50:56

I'm speaking at the National Trust's annual conference - "Bringing Places to Life" in a week or so and would love to be able to include some thoughts from mumsnetters on what you are looking for on a family day out

Are you mostly looking for something interesting for the adults to do/ see -but it's good if the children can also be amused/get an ice cream smile so you can enjoy it ? Or is it all about the children - as long as they are happy you're happy - or is it something in between?

What makes you recommend places to other parents ? Amazing activities for adults/ children, nice cafes, good loos, cheap parking, welcoming staff, value for money? Obviously all are good but what's most crucial?

How do you choose where you go as a family and what makes you go back to a place?

Do you tend to have one fave family place and go at different times of the year (and expect different seasonal offerings/ or just enjoy the same thing?) or go to a variety of places?

Any and all thoughts very welcome.

Thanks,

Carrie

BoffinMum Tue 22-Jan-13 19:46:06

Yes, fires and penknives and a bit of risk is what teens seem to love.

gazzalw Wed 23-Jan-13 07:57:58

Maybe there's a place for having teens as volunteer rangers or something? Something which will give them good skills, use some of their time usefully and give something back in the hope that it will also give them an allegiance for life with the National Trust?

MaryBS Wed 23-Jan-13 14:20:45

Love the idea of teens being volunteer rangers. My dd would love that!

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 25-Jan-13 19:12:32

So would mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now