I'm starting a children's art club...how much would you pay?

(29 Posts)
paintandhomemadejam Sun 21-Jul-13 21:58:38

Hello...I qualified as a primary school teacher 8 years ago but have returned to being a self employed artist (something I'd done for many years before).

Anyway, I'd like to combine my love of art and children but don't really know how much to charge.

The club will be for an hour after school or during holiday times with all materials provided. I'd love to hear what you think....

Takver Thu 19-Sep-13 10:10:20

DD goes to a Saturday art class, it lasts for 1.5 hours and costs £5 a session including materials. The minimum age for the class is 7, my dd is 11 and one of the oldest. They do lots of clay, modrock (sp?), outdoor stuff like big scale sand sculpture, willow sculpture - things its harder to do at home / on your own.

For reference, we're in a low wage area, and classes here tend to be cheaper on average than elsewhere.

sheeplikessleep Thu 19-Sep-13 10:16:22

Wish there was an art club at our school! I would pay up to £5 a session, based in Hampshire.

flipchart Thu 19-Sep-13 11:09:51

burberry
I know it is in Sussex BUT the question was how much would I pay for an art class.
Seeing that I live in the NW and don't know anything about the cost of living of Sussex I can only go off what if relative to my area.
The OP than has an idea of how much people would pay and adjust according to her region.

lljkk Fri 20-Sep-13 18:28:46

£25/term, max. Assuming about 45 minutes with a biscuit+squash thrown in. I pay that for DSs to do 2 hours of Scouts-Cubs every week, but I'd cough up a bit for art because DS2 is so keen to do an art club (they always get over-subbed).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now