A question for Brownie leaders..

(26 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Tue 28-May-13 18:34:10

DD1 has just started Brownies - loves it completely in her element. Only problem is that her brownie leader says that they don't go away overnight - no sleepovers, pack holidays or camping. DD is disappointed as she was really looking forward to that especially as the beavers/cubs in our area go camping regularly (not to mention that she won't be able to get those badges hmm) DD doesn't want to join scouts as too many boys (she's a girly girl). Is there anyway she could join in a brownie camp/holiday if she doesn't belong to that group?

It's a pain isn't it Groovee?

After all my rants upthread, I've got a change of job coming now that means that I will have to stop doing Brownies after this term. I announced it to parents ... three of 22 families have expressed thanks/sorry to see me go / etc. Silence from the other 19 families.

No prizes for guessing how many volunteers we've had in response to "We need a new leader" but I'll give you a clue: it's fewer than one. Our remaining leader is ready to throw in the towel.

One pack less sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now