DD keeps asking to learn the flute

(26 Posts)
bubblesinthesky Tue 23-Apr-13 20:06:02

Only trouble is flutes cost a fortune though she can borrow one from school for first academic year to see how she gets on (big relief there then)

Music lessons cost a bomb even through school - £14 for HALF AN HOUR

I am utterly unmusical so I can not even help her with the basics. She however takes after her dad and is fairly musical. He could help but he's always so busy I know he'd start and not carry on as he'd get exasperated if she found it diffiuclt

Is there any way of doing this on a budget. Not on benefits, middle earner but can't see this being anything but expensive.

Any ideas please? Thank you

I've been watching this thread with interest. Dd1 (8) is keen to learn the flute.
I am not at all musical, the school service locally tell me that its unlikely they can offer lessons as it isn't a popular instrument and of the 2 musical people I know, one suggested the recorder (dd tried but the teacher kept postponing lessons at last minute etc) and the other couldn't suggest anything.
sad

Can anyone suggest a good place to find a reliable teacher? Bearing in mind I am completely out of my depth with anything musical blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now