Anyone used Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD?

(10 Posts)
Ujjayi Tue 03-Sep-13 08:17:24

Waiting for it to arrive together with Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt.

Any feedback from others who have used either of them appreciated smile

Ujjayi Tue 03-Sep-13 16:18:02

Nobody?

MsFiremanSam Fri 06-Sep-13 15:21:30

I have - it's a good workout, split into 6 minute sections, around 50 mins in total. It's not my favourite of hers - I prefer Shred and Extreme Shred, but I use it for a change every now and then (or I did - currently 3 weeks post-partum so that level of fitness is a way off yet!)
The 6 min sections are 3 mins repeated - and each one focuses on a specific area. It's pretty cardio heavy as I remember.

MsFiremanSam Fri 06-Sep-13 15:22:02

I have - it's a good workout, split into 6 minute sections, around 50 mins in total. It's not my favourite of hers - I prefer Shred and Extreme Shred, but I use it for a change every now and then (or I did - currently 3 weeks post-partum so that level of fitness is a way off yet!)
The 6 min sections are 3 mins repeated - and each one focuses on a specific area. It's pretty cardio heavy as I remember.

notyummy Sat 07-Sep-13 13:33:41

I have it. A couple of the circuits are quite easy (1 and 5) so I often skip the warm up as L1 is easy enough to treat as a warm up I think. Good cardio!

gaggiagirl Sat 07-Sep-13 20:59:09

Yes I love it I love it!

Jillian has transformed my body thanks to this DVD and the shred I have never looked better I have never been this slim or toned in my life.

Lets all embrace the godess Jillian.

rubbishfamily333 Sun 08-Sep-13 10:21:01

Gagg - how often do you do her DVDs?

I did the shred before which made a massive difference to my body shape within 11 days but I got bored and stopped hmm

notyummy Sun 08-Sep-13 18:21:48

rubbish- I've never done the full 30 Day thing and doubt that I would stick to it, but I really really rate her DVDs. If you get a few then you can mix them up and avoid boredom. I have:

Burn fat boost metabolism
No more trouble zones
Shred
Ripped in 30
6 Week 6 Pack
Extreme Shed and Shred
Killer Buns and Thighs

I would also suggest getting a range of weights and swapping them round once you know the routine so you are always challenging yourself. What you find hard for a squat and press is quite different to what you will find hard for a V Sit for example, and it's good to have 2/3 different weight levels- something like 1/2/3kg would work for a novice.

Ujjayi Sun 08-Sep-13 19:34:57

Thanks for the feedback. Have done this workout 3 times now & I love it. It is quite a challenge for me but I love pushing myself.

I'm alternating with the Body Sculpt dvd by Exhale. The couple who demonstrate the moves are a little, erm, weird grin. But the workout is great - a combination of strength & stretching & possibly the hardest core/abs circuit I've ever done!

gaggiagirl Sun 08-Sep-13 22:20:38

rubbish I exercise every day Jillian all the way! I shred 3x a week and BFBM 4x a week
I did start by doing just the shred for 30 days but by gosh it bloody works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now