Restarting running without C25K???

(3 Posts)
GeneHuntismyloveslave Sun 07-Jul-13 12:32:36

Anyone do this?

Basically I completed c25k last year and loved it but then got injured and lost my mojo. Haven't been out since and really want to but just can't. Not sure where my headphones are, or my armband, hate the thought of a 5min walk at start and it just sounds bleurgh.

So just debating putting on kit,no timings and just running. Walk when I want to and run when I want to for however long I want to be out for, 15 mins or 30 whatever. Obviously will try to challenge myself and warm up stretches before and after as I get on but not sure about the C25K.

Any thoughts or am I setting myself up for failure??

HeySoulSister Sun 07-Jul-13 15:17:40

Think you will get bored quickly if you don't challenge yourself

I joined a running club. We do different things, sprints,hill runs and distance. Do you have a local 'park run'?

Yeah - just do it to get started. Hopefully mojo will return and you'll be hunting down your headphones etc.

BUT before you start, how did you get injured? A brisk 5 min walk is a good warm up (thanks physio) and is less bleugh than injury. I have got to 10k with no training app at all, so it's hardly compulsory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now