Good gym routine?

(5 Posts)
EeyoreIsh Thu 16-May-13 14:18:28

DH and I have just joined a gym, but we're struggling with finding a good routine. The trainers aren't much help unless we pay them about £25 each!

We know how to use the machines, we're just struggling to put it into a routine that progresses is.

We're both looking to get fitter.

DH: needs to lose weight!
Me: ok weight but need to lower body fat, tone up. I can't do anything too strenuous because I'm about to start ivf.

Any thoughts, or good places to look online?

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 16-May-13 14:22:00

Cancel the gym membership and join a local bootcamp?

Otherwise you need a good balance of cardio and strength work. Interval training when using cardio equipment is best, they normally have interval training settings on the treadmills/ski machines etc.

Half hour cardio training, half hour strength, do 2 x 20 reps with a 30 second break between each set.

Classes are good too. I find I get more out of classes than just going to the gym because I push myself more.

EeyoreIsh Thu 16-May-13 14:37:27

I used to do bmf but that is too much for me now, apparently shock

yes, I think a combination of interval training and strength training would work.

Mitchy1nge Fri 17-May-13 11:01:13

wouldn't you get bored following a set routine though? you could try downloading the workouts for something like p90x or p00lean and there is lots of variety there if you want a very structured approach

agree about classes, am doing a 30 class challenge which means trying almost 10 different classes a week and some are surprisingly tough

I have to have new stuff to do or try though, I couldn't cope with the same workout every day

Mitchy1nge Fri 17-May-13 11:02:01

p90 lean sorry not p00 typo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now