The wibbly tummies' new thread - (not so) round two...

(238 Posts)
utopian99 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:18:01

That'll.teach me to write without checking post numbers first! Sorry for the failure to link...

projectbabyweight Wed 13-Mar-13 09:33:03

INeed - prepare for some loud, bright, American motivation www.slimissimple.org

utopian99 - it's "great" grin I'd say a lot depends on the age of the toddler. Ds1 was 2.2 with ds2 arrived, and I think it's a bit easier when the older one's at least old enough to play by themselves for a few minutes. However, a smaller gap means the older one won't remember life without the baby, and may be less jealous.

As long as there are no health issues, colic etc. then the second baby is miles easier than the first - no anxiety, no having to adjust to being a mum and having your freedom taken away, like there was the first time.

In terms of weight loss, it's tricky not to eat for energy when you're tired, or for comfort when they're both screaming, also less chance of exercise (except pushing a double buggy). So I fully recommend trying to get back to your starting weight between babies. Not that I did blush

crazypaving Wed 13-Mar-13 13:20:25

another one with a toddler here - 23m age gap. it's full on! just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it when they're older.

weight loss slowing down here. weighing in on thurs, think I've maybe lost a pound this week? not surprising considering my mother's day chocolate blow-out and I'm trying to muddle through ww putting me on maintenance against my will! I'm feeling less hungry these days - finally! - but still crave cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc madly, I suppose cos I'm so shattered all the time. just willing the weather to warm up and cheer up so I'm less tempted to comfort eat.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 13-Mar-13 15:51:09

Help. I need some choclate.

crazypaving Thu 14-Mar-13 08:11:42

1lb down resulting in ww warning me about maintenance. what?

having a hell of a morning with the kids. also want chocolate.

BambieO Thu 14-Mar-13 08:26:53

Ladies step away from the chocolates grin

I fell off the wagon last week and put on 1lb. Since I have fifty to lose, I can't really afford to go backwards, but at least it wasn't FAR backwards. And crikey, I did eat a lot of shit. There were a few tough days and long nights with the baby, and it drives me straight to the sugar.

For me the really hard time is straight after the kids are in bed. I feel like it's 'me' time and I deserve a treat. I think I'm just not going to have anything nice in the house- DH is totally on side, as he thinks he's put on too much weight (he has a bit of a post-baby belly but mainly is a sexybeast, as always) and wants to eat less junk, but like me, if it's in the house, he eats it. I am trying to work out what else I can do that will feel like a treat but actually be nurturing and good for me, body and soul, rather than feeling good but actually doing me bad.

So far I am thinking: posh bath stuff. Maybe. But I can't do that in front of the telly with DH, which is the other half of the 'collapse once the kids are in bed' thing.

Maybe I should get more active (on the couch) with DH? [snigger] grin

BambieO Thu 14-Mar-13 14:00:55

Blackcurrants! You randy old goat you grin

That's what I found hard, and especially on Friday or Saturday nights as they automatically used to equal wine and takeaway sad

Definitely go for the lovely bath bits, that was my treat to myself when I was pg and couldn't drink, after a while it became habit just like flipping down with a glass of wine used to

But it's activity points, BambieO
[innocent face]

grin

Yeah I think so. I've been meaning to make bath bombs as a means of luring DS1 into the bath anyway, maybe I should make some for me. I've got enough hippy oils around the place. smile

BambieO Thu 14-Mar-13 14:34:18

Haha, very true! smile

They look brill, definitely give them a whirl

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Mar-13 15:09:44

I have hit my 3 pm wall. Ahhhhh. 2 pieces of nimble toast and a kitkat. Hopefully it will not break my calorie bank.

crazypaving Thu 14-Mar-13 17:24:16

well done Sophia. I've had the day from hell and have eaten 7 biscuits and some chocolate. feel like crap for doing it sad ds2 has cried all day and poor ds1's struggling as a result. I'm tired and hungry and just want to stuff my face. boo.

Oh, bad luck Crazy, that's miserable.
Is it dry? Can you get them both outside? If all goes completely to hell here, and it[s not snowing hmm I load them both in the pushchair and go to the park. DS2 will fall asleep and DS1 will at least run around getting filthy for a while, and I can take deep breaths and not murder them.

It's when it's snowing or raining that it's harder.

(sorry I just realised it was half six AFTER I posted all that. It's earlier here in the US.)

BambieO Fri 15-Mar-13 08:22:55

Have a good healthy day all smile

crazypaving Fri 15-Mar-13 09:35:22

thanks blackcurrants. yesterday was one of the worst days I've had since having ds2 so I think 7 biscuits and some chocolate is pretty good going in some respects.

onwards and upwards eh.

YellowWellies Fri 15-Mar-13 10:21:11

Another two pound off! I've lost over a stone. Just another 20 to shift - but my BMI is 25.6 so nearly back into 'healthy' grin

Fecking GET IN!!!! smile smile smile smile smile

BambieO Fri 15-Mar-13 10:32:42

Wooooooo! Keep going! That's brilliant smile

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 15-Mar-13 12:31:22

yw that is fantabulous news. I am still trying to get back down to that weird, ghost 11lbs 1 that I had the other week. Hovering at 11 7 which is pretty good as I put three lbs on in NI and have managed to loose it.

crazy pretty good considering your day. Hang in there. thanks

crazypaving Fri 15-Mar-13 13:04:14

well done yw!!

I'm at 10st 12ish and weight watchers doesn't want me to lose any more weight. but I do! it's not like I want to get to an unhealthy weight - 10st is perfectly healthy for my height - so how do I persuade them to let me?!

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 15-Mar-13 18:04:10

I'm not sure, I do Sainsbury's Diets. Do you need ww or can you do it yourself. You can use My Fittness Pal to count your calories.

MadMonkeys Sat 16-Mar-13 03:09:51

Well if stress makes you lose weight I should be happy when I weigh in on Tues, we've had paramedics out to both dd's in the last 24 hours - fortunately they are both ok. I lost 300g last week, not very impressive! Hoping for something more substantial this week.

BambieO Sat 16-Mar-13 11:46:28

Oh no madmonkeys glad they are both ok.

You will do fine this week smile a loss is a loss so keep going and be proud

crazypaving Sat 16-Mar-13 13:04:37

Sophia I've got about a month left on ww so figured I'd use it.

what I need to do is log a day within losing weight territory on both ww and mfp to see how many calories I'm allowed, as mfp doesn't allow for bfing. a bit of a pain but worth it I guess.

blimey hope your kids are ok mad, sounds scary. stress makes me eat more...

MadMonkeys Mon 18-Mar-13 16:09:08

Kids both ok thanks - docs think v bad virus. Both rather fragile still but on the mend. I could just eat something naughty, a sausage roll or danish pastry or something. Managed to content myself with a couple of chocolate buttons I raided from dd1's supply... Weigh day tomorrow.

crazypaving Wed 27-Mar-13 12:18:34

echo!! o....o...o....

anyone there?

I've lost more weight, very pleased! wondered how everyone else is doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now