baby milk

(7 Posts)
happygohungry Mon 22-Jul-13 20:54:46

I am wanting to buy vegetarian baby milk or ethically produced baby milk ( non halal). Please can you help

JackiePaper Mon 22-Jul-13 21:07:08

Aside from breast milk I believe the only vegetarian formula milk is the Holle organic goats milk. Hth x

Bubbles1066 Wed 24-Jul-13 14:19:12

Some follow on milks are veggie - SMA was when I looked. Can't think of any infant formulas though.

Rebelrebel Wed 24-Jul-13 14:23:57

SMA belongs to Nestlé, if that makes any difference to you. I don't know which are veggie options, sorry.

countingmyblessings Wed 24-Jul-13 14:31:46

SMA Nestle are totally unethical

Most of them have fish oils in.
I am not sure there is any ethical formula milk tbh. Is there any way you could access donor breastmilk if you can't breastfeed?

Bubbles1066 Wed 24-Jul-13 20:14:41

Depends if you want just veggie or veggie and ethical. Veggie maybe possible as SMA before they were bought by Nestle (Nestle only bought them recently) used to use algae oil not fish oil for DHA so it's worth checking if they still do but veggie and ethical probably will be harder. When I started FF Pffifer owned SMA and both them and Hipp were veggie - not so anymore. Maybe try online health sites for foreign brands?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now