Is it worth switching amazon kindle account to USA store?

(4 Posts)
mirai Tue 16-Apr-13 09:16:50

I am registered on the co.uk store but somehow my prime is registered to the .com store. If I change country to the USA then will I be able to join the kindle lending library thanks to my Prime account?

Also apart from that, I believe the USA store is cheaper and has a wider range of books...?!

SorrelForbes Tue 16-Apr-13 09:21:38

Hmmm, I'm not sure how to do that. I know that you can't order from the .com kindle library from the UK but I'm not sure if that's linked to your IP address, your email or where your kindle is at the time?

mirai Tue 16-Apr-13 09:57:07

I don't think you were Able to do it, but these days it's very easy to switch, it's in the account settings I think. You are asked if you want to switch to a .com account and click the button and away you go!

But I don't know if it's worth it...

tb Thu 06-Jun-13 18:54:33

I've not used .com much, but I've accounts with .fr as well as .co.uk, and I've noticed that the price and availability across the 2 sites can vary tremendously.

I was looking for a book that wasn't available in the UK, but got it in France. That said, I can change countries on the pc, just haven't managed to do it on the kindle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now