Practice Nursing - sign off mentor

(3 Posts)
shouldbeelswhere Wed 23-Oct-13 10:10:53

thank you lateSept

lateSeptember1964 Mon 21-Oct-13 17:35:53

Just finished my Rtp in June and about to start work again. I think you will struggle to get a Practice Nurse placement as they have very few sign off mentors. My advice would be just to take a placement anywhere you can get it. Look at the short-term and just get the course done. I have since applied for Practice Nurse posts with no luck at all. There seems to be an awful big pool of nurses for them to choose from. I think one of the girls on the original thread did get aPractice nurse post but worked in a volunteer capacity to start with. I don't know how to link but the original thread is still around " any nurses out there". Just seize the first opportunity of a placement and get it done.

shouldbeelswhere Sun 20-Oct-13 11:33:12

I'm looking to return to nursing (lapsed registration) and thought practice nursing might be the way to go as I need to work locally and part-time. I had a uni place and placement agreed but no sign off mentor which meant the plan fell apart. Any thoughts, ideas? Hoping to get it together for January. This entails working on a voluntary basis and paying for the course myself...even if I ever find a sign off mentor do I stand a realistic chance of even finding work afterwards???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now