Not to invite your work colleagues to your wedding.

(12 Posts)
tazmo Sun 01-Sep-13 11:40:38

Only if you are friends with your colleagues.

LovesBeingOnHoliday Sun 01-Sep-13 10:52:35

Depends on your relationship, I had quite a few there (including moh and bm) but were we're all good friends. Other places I wouldn't have

Trills Sat 31-Aug-13 20:18:08

Often colleagues will be invited to evening only, if it's that sort of wedding (and if you are holding the wedding local to where you live/work)

Chottie Sat 31-Aug-13 20:01:51

I would not be inviting work colleagues either. They are not friends, only work colleagues.

tribpot Thu 29-Aug-13 16:48:09

Oh btw, I also had a small wedding of c. 30 people - that literally consisted of mine and DH's enormous blended families! (Plus two very close, known-them-since-forever friends on each side). I think a few friends whose weddings I had attended were a bit put out not to be invited but with ten gazillion step siblings (not exact figure) to include, that's how it goes.

tribpot Thu 29-Aug-13 16:45:37

Very rare to invite work colleagues to the main event, unless they are good friends, i.e. that you spend time with outside work. More usual to invite colleagues to the evening do if that's particularly large, but neither is required, particularly if the wedding is some distance away.

ILoveDolly Thu 29-Aug-13 16:43:15

If you are having a small wedding, why would you waste places on people you don't love? Obv if you work with your bestie this doesn't apply grin

BackforGood Thu 29-Aug-13 16:42:06

Perfectly normal not to invite your work colleagues. They are, as it says on the tin colleagues, not family or close friends.
When I got married (and had a much bigger guest list than 30) there were dozens, or possibly hundreds of people that I know, see regularly, like and get on with, but that wouldn't make a list of 'the people I am closest to'. It wouldn't occur to me to worry about not inviting them, as I wouldn't expect them, to expect to be invited IYSWIM.

CaptainSweatPants Thu 29-Aug-13 16:34:20

Someone at work is getting married soon

He's invited the 3 managers hmm & half the rest of us

Some very hmm faces

EatingAllTheCrumpets Thu 29-Aug-13 16:32:02

I invited a few to the whole thing, mainly because we were very close friends (still are) and because of that I felt I had to invite the others to the evening do as it was quite a bitchy office, but I mind so much as it was a big-ish wedding anyway and didn't see much of them grin

However with a small wedding then I don't think you should be inviting anyone for the sake of it. Just invite who you want.

sisterofmercy Thu 29-Aug-13 14:37:31

It wouldn't even occur to me to invite work colleagues. They're not my mates.

wherewouldyoulive Thu 29-Aug-13 13:51:16

My husband and I had a small wedding with 30 people - close friends and family and he didnt invited any of his work colleagues. Is it common not to invite your work colleagues especially if you have a small wedding?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now