partner lost his job! :/

(33 Posts)
mummykayxx Sat 24-Aug-13 12:08:34

my partner was forced to resign from his job when he was called into a meeting and was told he wasn't getting on there so they were going to pretty much sack him. he has only been there a few months, but he wasn't happy there, they didn't train him very well but I know he tried his best. now we have a 2 year old to support, a flat to run and rent, a mortgage deposit that is going to have to be spent on general living and a car to run (we're young so insurance is about 250 a month on its own). feeling so rubbish that we've spent about a year saving for our deposit and its going to have to be spent on normal everyday things. absolutely gutted. he has worked everyday since 16 and really doesn't want to claim job seekers but until he finds a new job, looks like we're going to have to. sucks :/

LIZS Tue 27-Aug-13 13:35:09

If he resigned he may not be able to claim JSA. Presumably he was on probation and just told it didn't work out . Does he really need the car it sounds like a commitment too far atm . I'm sorry but just cos ds isn't his child if he is at home unemployed he should look after him as your partner if it enables you to work.

mummykayxx Wed 28-Aug-13 10:30:56

I am working part time from home as from Sept, also doing a full time course from home. he has had 6 interviews In the past week and a few more offers of interviews. a number of which sound promising. also my son is not financially supported by him! he wants to be the one to go to work as he can drive (I cant) we wouldnt be supported on what I could earn as the there's no well paid jobs round here (max is 400 a month full time) and I want to focus on my education so I can get a better full time job when I have finished my quals and spend time with my son. if thats the way we want to do it then don't think anyone else has the right to be negative.

LovesBeingOnHoliday Wed 28-Aug-13 10:57:49

He needs to go to some agency's

lagoonhaze Wed 28-Aug-13 11:01:11

He still needs to claim jsa and let the adjuctation officer decide whether any sanction applies.

LIZS Wed 28-Aug-13 11:03:16

Who is supporting your ds then ? confused Fine if your set up works for you all but you wouldn't be posting for advice if it did. If ds is already 2 it won't be long before you can claim funding towards his nursery/cm fees.

mummykayxx Wed 28-Aug-13 11:38:25

I was posting about him loosing his job and having to dip into our mortgage deposit.. obviously him being unemployed isnt working for us! his dad is supporting ds thank you..

applecrumbleandcream Wed 28-Aug-13 22:07:02

Hope he finds something soon.

mummykayxx Thu 29-Aug-13 02:34:09

thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now