Social media-disciplinary

(32 Posts)
Moxiegirl Sat 18-May-13 20:14:46

Hi, name changed and can't give away any details that might identify me but I'm currently suspended from work due to a complaint from someone outside work (who I know wanted to get me in trouble)for using social media in work time.
I've had my investigation meeting after 2 months suspension and I'm waiting to hear whether it will go to a hearing.
Does anyone know if evidence has to be shown in the meeting or whether it can be held back to the hearing?
If all they have on me is what I was shown then I think I will be ok.
I'm being investigated for gross misconduct.
No messages were made on my work pc and only a couple can be proven to be on work time although not at my desk.

I would add to Flowery's comments on social media, also read the internet use policy and the email use policy. And make sure you understand it. And stick to it.

Moxiegirl Sun 19-May-13 09:25:42

Flowery what's your role (if you don't mind me asking)

flowery Sun 19-May-13 09:30:26

I own an HR consultancy providing HR advice and support to small and medium sized organisations.

Moxiegirl Sun 19-May-13 09:38:27

That's impressive. You know your stuff then!

flowery Sun 19-May-13 13:13:32

blushgrin

Moxiegirl Thu 23-May-13 10:59:48

Have been told after investigation is minor misconduct and back to work next week grin still got to go to a hearing but the outcome definitely not dismissal. Phew.

flowery Thu 23-May-13 13:13:46

Excellent news! Sounds fair as well. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now