Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

AutumnDaisy Tue 12-Mar-13 13:58:11

Hi Leah, thank you! I've applied to Liverpool John Moores. Has anybody else on here applied there? x

Bella01372 Tue 12-Mar-13 16:45:00

Hi mumsykinns, i'm really nervous about tom. I hate those group assessment things. I have been told to arrive for 9am, how about you?

chewie29 Tue 12-Mar-13 19:16:42

Good luck to all of you who are interviewing soon. Sending lots of positive vibes! Xx

mumsykinns Tue 12-Mar-13 19:20:37

Bella, I'm 1230. Never done a group assessment and not looking forward to it one bit. Are you applying through CSH? Good luck let me know how it goes xx

Mel100 Tue 12-Mar-13 21:25:24

Hi everyone, I had my assessment yesterday in London deanery. I am waiting if I've got an interview. Is there anyone here who had the assessment yesterday in London? Secondly does anyone know if interviews are different across different cities or are they all similar? x

tomvie Tue 12-Mar-13 22:37:57

Hi All. the course is very full on. There is a lot of reading to do and with the combination of being in placement and trying to get assignments done it is hard work. I am really enjoying it though. If you have got on the course well done. I wouldn't buy any books before you start as most books are available as e books via your uni library. If they do recommend books you can probably pick them up second hand on Amazon. There are several good websites to go on Institute of HV, HV senate, Department of health, CPHVA ( Unite), NSPCC. Read the HCP, healthy lives/healthy people, HV implementation plan, Reports by Field, Allen, Tickell, Monroe, Marmot which all form the basis for the course and referred to often. Just a note that we have some newly qualified people on our course age ranges from 21 - 52. I do however think I bit of life experience/ nursing experience is a good idea. good luck all.

Wifey81 Wed 13-Mar-13 16:00:08

Hey all. I've got the literacy and numeracy assessment with the London deanery tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results/how long before finding out if you've been invited to interview? Am dreading it as maths is my worse subject.....my mind just goes blank! Good luck to all who has interviews coming up and well done those who have been offered a place.....am very jealous!

Bella01372 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:24:42

Mumsykinns, how did you find today? The group assessment thing wasn't too bad after all. There were a lot of assessors though!! Should hear in a week they said. I've applied through csh.

Gardenerschoice Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:46

Good luck Bella01372 and mumsykinns, I'm sure all went well, not as bad as it sounded. I have to wait the results of my interview until you've had yours. Any idea when your interviews are going to be. This waiting is awful. Wouldn't it be great if we all got through and meet up :-)

mumsykinns Thu 14-Mar-13 10:57:15

Morning Bella and Gardenerschoice! I fluffed it really the group thing wasn't what I expected at all and the individual interview I could have done so much better, really certain I won't make the second round. Had so much info in my head but I think its the sort of stuff that will come up at 2nd interview! I hope its not too long till we hear if we got through the first round..we were told it would be "weeks" but surely not if yesterday was the last assessment date. Totally agree GC that would be fab! Must be awful for you as you have waited ages!

Moochi1986 Thu 14-Mar-13 14:04:08

Hello :-)

Has anyone applied to Sussex? To study at either Surrey or Brighton! Any successes?. Xx

babydreams Thu 14-Mar-13 20:03:34

Hi can I ask if any of you had to get an academic reference when applying. I want to apply to leeds but they wont accept the application without it and i havnt a clue on how to go about getting one. The last study i did was facilitating learning in practice about 6 years ago.

Sydney69 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:17:15

Mumsyskinns, join the club, I know I fluffed up the Maths bit. As far as writing the holiday thing I wrote like the wind and still only just got the 30 plus lines in. I hope that if there is a 2nd round of recruitment we'll be more prepared the next time.

Gardenerschoice Thu 14-Mar-13 21:10:30

Well done all, let the force be with us, mumsykinns I thought I'd blown the second part of the assesment mouth couldn't handle my brain, but I got though. Can't wait to hear how you and bella got on.

Bella01372 Fri 15-Mar-13 09:51:37

Mumsykinns, i don't think you ever really know how you did and what they are looking for. I thought i did a really good application form and was told in jan that I didn't make the shortlist. I then got a call last week to attend???? I do know that i hate this waiting game though. Gardenerschoice, you must be frustrated having to wait so long. Keep me posted if either of you hear anything.

Dipsydean Fri 15-Mar-13 14:49:52

Hi everybody! After 2 years of applying I've finally been shortlisted last for an interview! Massive thank you to all the people that have posted on this thread as I really think I was able to improve my application through taking your advice on board. My interview is for Dorset trust studying out of Southampton! So chuffed to get to this stage but terrified also! Want this so much! I have also applied to Devon and also Somerset. Somerset would be ideal as I'm currently employed by the PCT but they now specify that all applicants must be degree qualified which I am not :-(. I've submitted an application anyhow. Anybody else applied to these areas? Good luck to everyone!!!

Littlebitwoo Fri 15-Mar-13 15:25:07

Hello I've applied for hv at Nottingham waiting to hear if get interview. However, I think I might be pregnant, if I get a place can I defer? Or pick up where I left off with the next intake? Any ideas? Thank you

Leah80 Fri 15-Mar-13 16:24:38

I've applied to Nottingham too, they may let you defer, can't see them wanting you to take leave during the course, plus surely you will be due around the start date so you won't get to do much before leaving. Good luck with your application. I've already got an interview in Mansfield but have applied for derby and nottm city as well x

Moochi1986 Fri 15-Mar-13 17:59:29

Hello

I have just found out I have an interview for HV. Has anyone done the group exercise and formal interview at Surrey university? Any tips or help? Thank you so much this forum has been so useful in getting me this far! I'm so scared about interview xx

Gardenerschoice Fri 15-Mar-13 21:10:39

Hi moochi1986, well done when's your assessment ?

Moochi1986 Fri 15-Mar-13 21:59:56

Hi it's on the 25th. Do you have one? X

Bella01372 Sat 16-Mar-13 07:27:10

Hi moochi, do you have an assessment day on the 25th or panal interview? Mumsykinns did you hear anything? I got an email yest to say I passed the assessment day and would be offered a panal interview, date to be confirmed. Seems like we are all going to have a long old wait!

Moochi1986 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:36:43

Hi Bella. I have both on the same day. I'm going through Sussex trust not surrey so it maybe different. I know each trust has a number of spaces. What's the assessment like? Xx

Annemarie24 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:51:15

hi everyone, I applied for student HV at Sheffield Hallam and also at Doncaster. short listing begins on Mon 18th does that mean we will be contacted on the 18th? or a bit later. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I know they had hundreds apply. feel like I'm in limbo a bit at the minute, I don't want to apply for any SN positions until I know whether I have an interview or not??

Gardenerschoice Sat 16-Mar-13 16:46:13

Well done bella, waiting on news from mumsykinns now, hopefully your interview will be soon. Moochi1989 is a different area so won't be waiting for hers. What area do you want to work for I had a joint interview with central Surrey and first community

This thread is not accepting new messages.