Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Moroney Sun 17-Nov-13 03:08:07

@Sama27 - Thanks! feeling a little less scared now! smile
@Aisling81 & nehitbaby & everyone - amazing best of luck!! ...
I think I am North West too smile although I had a few South in the upper choices.... So It could go either way..... I will call LD on Monday.
Has anyone been offered a place after the interview??
dreading interview... I always get so nervious and forget to mention the good stuff!! Xx

kateandme Sun 17-Nov-13 04:05:42

well done.

seyibaby Wed 20-Nov-13 14:43:20

Hi has anyone been for their interview for the north west, north central and east and south london trust? if so how was it? ive got mine comming up soon....many thanks

victory1 Thu 21-Nov-13 10:13:48

@encounters08 & @Aisling81 what questions where you asked for the actual interview (face to face interview) .
Also what picture was provided for the essay

Aisling81 Thu 21-Nov-13 12:40:40

Victory1- they made us sigh something at interview do that we would not disclose any details- sorry!

Romi88 Fri 22-Nov-13 20:40:48

Hi All

So I applied for the health visiting course before and went to the assessment missed the maths by 2 which was disappointing. So I reapplied, I was sent an email early November to say that I wasn't I shortlisted. So i rang them but they weren't able to help and said that yes you were shortlisted but wasn't successful at the shortlisting of the interview which didn't make any sense and they couldn't help at all. So I gave up and gave a long complaint letter which a got a response to which was also not so helpful. So then I gave up. I then received an email on Monday that they have changed their minds and there have been some changes and that I will be called to interview. Still haven't anything regarding this interview although i called LD to find out more but they were no help.So I am not sure if i will go through the assessment and when it will be. On their website it says interviews are from 13-27th November its now 22nd November. So I don't know what to do sad

dankelly2010 Fri 22-Nov-13 22:17:08

hi i am new though been following this tread for a while now which has been so helpful, i applied for student HV after an agonizing wait, and countless telephone calls to LD office on countless times i was not given any information on what stage my application was.
i got an email just yesterday inviting me for an interview in London on Monday. i am so very nervous as i have always wanted this all my life.
can any one kindly help out with likely interview question face to face interview. i am so scared of messing up this great opportunity! Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Mondaybaby Sat 23-Nov-13 08:16:25

Hi Dan and others, there it's nothing I can add that hadn't been said already down thread. If you read the posts there is lots of advice on how to prepare and what questions they week focus on. Also, re read all the info that the LD have sent you. There is lots of info in there about what to read. Read the suggested reading list thoroughly. There are no trick questions. And stay calm and listen carefully to what they ask you. Good luck.

Mondaybaby Sat 23-Nov-13 08:35:46

Sorry about typos. *they will focus on....

Marie1981 Sat 23-Nov-13 23:06:00

Hi I'm planning on applying next year for health visiting, but I'm already stressing about the numeracy test! Does every Uni do this? Can you use a calculator?!
I think I will have to get a maths tutor if not!
Thanks!

Romi88 Fri 29-Nov-13 12:43:31

Been for my assessment/interview.... Today. Does anyone know the pass rate for the assessments in the new format think I got 3 out5 questions right. Please help second time applying- this is too hard n stressful to get in

Aisling81 Fri 29-Nov-13 17:11:20

Sorry - I never asked! But am hoping as they did the interview and assessment on the same day that they will take everything into account when deciding! Did they say ah u wld hear? I did mine last Wednesday- it's a very long wait!

Moroney Mon 02-Dec-13 09:29:46

Hi!! If anyone hears anything regarding results from the recent LD interviews can you please let me know... I am looking forward to hear anything at all..... Good or Bad.... Just to know more of what's going on will be good enough at this stage.... If you know what I mean smile x

Aisling81 Mon 02-Dec-13 14:57:50

I know exactly what u mean Moroney- at this stage I just want to draw a line under it!! It's very long and drawn out. They have said this week but I just can't help but doubt it as very other deadline has been extended! Will post on here if I hear anything.. Best of luck smile
Ps I think they HV given up answering that number at LD!!

Mondaybaby Mon 02-Dec-13 18:38:38

It took 3 weeks before I was informed, after my interview, that I got through.
Good luck to you all who are waiting to hear.

Aisling81 Tue 03-Dec-13 15:14:49

Spoke with LD today- they said it will now not be until next week- that the information is only going to the trusts this week. They also said they can't guarantee any dates.. So I s'pose next week isn't for sure either!

Moroney Tue 03-Dec-13 15:37:43

Snap! I spoke to LD today. They said middle of next we 'should' here either way successful or not! Good Luck! smile x

Aisling81 Thu 05-Dec-13 10:32:00

My application status has now changed to-you have completed interview and your application is under consideration. I suppose it's another step closer to an answer either way!

JJANE123 Thu 05-Dec-13 18:11:20

Hi all,
Please i need help with the tips of writing my personal statement, i was stucked with my personal statement in the last recruitment and couldn't submit my application, your help would be much appreciated.

JJANE123 Thu 05-Dec-13 18:21:23

@Aisling81,
I wish you good luck in the next step of your application, please can you assist me with the tips of writing my personal statement . i 'm looking forward to apply in the next advertisment. probably in January.

Aisling81 Mon 09-Dec-13 16:03:34

Just wld wondering if anyone heard from LD yet either way?!

Twizzle72 Mon 09-Dec-13 17:56:16

Trying to catch up on the threads here... i never had to do a numeracy test when i applied for a HV place at uni... just sent in a request. But then I do live in the Midlands lol.
Congrats to all those that have got a placement and good luck to those applying, I'm just about to qualify...so its been a hard year of assignments, exams and clinical practice, especially safeguarding.
One thing is for sure, you need to know the HCP-2009 and the HVIP-2011 as this forms a basis for Health visiting. As we near 2015, it will become a lot harder to get a placement and places will start to dry up as HV'ing nears the 4200 mark. The Trust i am with will not be advertising now as Jan 14 intake will be the last. Will admit that being the only male HV in the trust is a bit different grinlol

Moroney Tue 10-Dec-13 20:59:14

Aisling81 and everyone else hoping for a LD place Jan start!! Well did you hear yet?? :Dxx...... Anyone get Hammersmith and Fulham??

JemmaBilling Tue 10-Dec-13 21:32:59

Hi everyone I start on the 6th Jan in Manchester so excited this website helped me loads with interview prep, I did my numeracy test once I was offered the job online smile good luck everyone x

JemmaBilling Tue 10-Dec-13 21:36:05

Ps the numeracy test is the same as ur drug calculations test during ur nursing degree as long as u kno ur formulas u will be fine smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.