Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Zek99 Mon 04-Nov-13 21:19:57

Mulberry! Well done!! No!! Nothing heard yet!!!
Happy for you. Where have you got a place? And when did you find out?

Zek

Mulberry06 Tue 05-Nov-13 18:49:11

Thanks ladies,I'm beyond relieved!Training at Kings/Guys.

Mondaybaby Tue 05-Nov-13 19:11:27

I look forward to meeting you. I'm at Kings too. Are you going to the pre course day on the 12th?

Mcespi1 Wed 06-Nov-13 08:42:04

Congrats mulberry06 know exactly how u r feeling.... Am starting January aswell for LSBU/NELFT. Anyone starting in Lsbu jan intake, will be nice to know someone before I start.xxxx

Mondaybaby Wed 06-Nov-13 08:49:27

Zek... any news yet?

Zek99 Wed 06-Nov-13 09:11:15

@Monday baby nooo nothing not a peep!!! Don't know what's going on. Wishing those starting kings and lsbu all the best!
Might have to send an email again.... Thought it will probably be the same response....
Tired of waiting now...

Mulberry06 Wed 06-Nov-13 16:49:52

Hi Mondaybaby,I'm hoping to go but an scheduled to work that day.Trying to organise a swap.Looking forward to seeing you too!

Mulberry06 Wed 06-Nov-13 16:52:46

Zek99,I wish you all the best.There's hope if you still haven't heard-as in they are still going through your list of priorities.You might just not get a placement where you would have wanted but I'm optimistic something will work out but I totally feel your pain.Xx

Mulberry06 Wed 06-Nov-13 16:54:33

Thanks mcespi1.It's a huge relief!

carlylouise1987 Sat 09-Nov-13 21:49:11

Hi all, fab blog, really helped me out! I have an interview with Cardiff Uni next month. Has anybody attended this interview before? I've no idea what to expect, the email confirming my selection doesn't give much away apart from stating after registration would be individual interviews . I understand the interviewing process is different everywhere, but just wondering if anybody has experienced one in Wales! Any help is much appreciated!

Moroney Mon 11-Nov-13 17:09:58

Hi all, delighted that you guys are finally getting it all sorted to start in Jan 2014...... I am still hoping to hear something from the LD as I applied in Oct .... Has anyone heard anything from LD regarding interviews from 13 Nov to 27 Nov?? ....Would love to hear if anyone else has heard anything yet.... I had most my top choices in the North West London selection.
Xxx

encounters088 Mon 11-Nov-13 19:05:29

@Moroney also applied in October for Jan 2014 and have assessment and interview with LD on Wed 13/11/13.

Aisling81 Mon 11-Nov-13 23:22:44

@encounters088 well done on getting an interview.. And a reply from LD!smile which trust did u apply for ? I'm applying for northwest.. Hvn't heard if I've interview or not yet.. LD said central and east interviews were first this wk.. Did they mention what format the English and numeracy wld take?

Zek99 Tue 12-Nov-13 08:29:38

Good luck gUYS.... I'm still awaiting Clearing from the London deanery.... And my interview was in September.... I found out I was successful 14th October and awaiting a space ..... :-(

Aisling81 Thu 14-Nov-13 09:08:35

@Moroney or @encounters088 - anyone hear anything yet?? My status on London has changed from at shortlisting' to ' under consideration' but that's about it! Zek99 - which area have you applied for?

taytotayto Fri 15-Nov-13 17:35:28

Hi everyone. After years of trying I finally got a place at leeds met on the hv course starting in January. Looking at the timetable we have two weeks in July for "alternative" placement. I would love the opportunity to work outside yorkshire.
Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions. Has anyone else thought about travelling outside of their trust or area or is this a crazy idea.

nehitbaby Fri 15-Nov-13 21:43:51

Hi everyone, does anyone know how the London deanery assessment works. The email states 30 minutes for literacy and numeracy assessment and 30 minutes for interview. Interview is now in 3 stations 10 minutes each. Please l need help my interview is next week. Thanks

Sama27 Fri 15-Nov-13 23:39:52

Hi, the assessment is 15 minutes each of literacy and numeracy. The interview is in 3 different rooms which you have 10 minutes in each to answer the interview questions.

nehitbaby Sat 16-Nov-13 09:40:04

sama27 can you please tell me the questions asked. And how was the assessment

Moroney Sat 16-Nov-13 18:29:34

Hi my LD status has changed to:
Stage: You have attended assessment.
I have not recieved any correspondence regarding interview yet.
I am guessing that this means I have met the criteria....

Moroney Sat 16-Nov-13 18:38:18

Help! LD are not going to give me much notice...... What is the assessment like? What interview questions came up? Getting worried.xx

Sama27 Sat 16-Nov-13 19:22:20

The assessment was easier than I thought, I was expecting the worse so you really don't need to worry. It went so quickly I don't even remember what I wrote about. There is like 4 or 5 Numeracy questions which you have 15 minutes and the literacy was just writing a essay about a whatever picture they provide on the day.
For the interview just read the personal specs and have knowledge on the role of the hv etc. Good Luck

Aisling81 Sat 16-Nov-13 22:24:30

Sama27 - just wondering if they said when they will let u know if ur successful?

Aisling81 Sat 16-Nov-13 22:38:56

I only received my email at 18:00 on Friday and my interview is next Wednesday... Moroney- think u shd call them Monday. Which area are u applying for? I'm north west.. Think north east and Central HV taken place this wk.

nehitbaby Sat 16-Nov-13 23:36:40

Sama27- thanks a lot that really help. Good luck with yours.

This thread is not accepting new messages.