Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Zek99 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:21:51

Samuel1992... I hope so cos assessments are meant to take place in 3 weeks times!!!

jellybean88 Tue 25-Jun-13 10:47:04

Hi all
Firstly I just want to say what a brilliant thread, I have read from the beginning and taken some good advice. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me? Forgive me if I don't make any sense I've just finished five night shifts lol, Firstly I'm worried that I have missed the boat on this. I've wanted to be a health visitor since being placed with them as a student nurse. I qualified three years ago and took a job on a surgical ward because jobs were scarce in my area and I took what I could get. Now I really want to become a health visitor and I feel that I'm ready. I'm assuming I'm too late for 2012 intake does anyone know when they will start advertising for 2014? Also what is the difference between applying through the university or through the trust? Am I better of waiting for the trust to advertise? Does anyone have any experience of applying in the Essex area?

Thanks for you help in advance and good luck to everyone

Funkymadhouse Tue 25-Jun-13 23:51:52

Jellybean88 and other new posters to the thread are u on Facebook? If so follow the link to a brilliant group set up by Leah80
http://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentHVs/

Leah80 Wed 26-Jun-13 20:59:10

Funkymadhouse thank you promoting the group, i've not been on here for ages x

sweetpie123 Wed 26-Jun-13 22:01:21

when were u interviewed samuel1992?

jellybean88 Thu 27-Jun-13 15:10:50

thanks funkymadhouse I have joined x

fresh47 Fri 28-Jun-13 13:37:41

Hi everyone. My first message on the thread. I have been offered a place with CCS and USC ( Ipswich) USC are taking ages with paperwork checks etc. Have just had the warner interview. Has anyone on here had the experience of this interview? Is anyone on here accepted a place with CCS ( Cambridge)? I'm not sure which place to accept.

AmandinePoulain Fri 28-Jun-13 14:14:52

Hi everyone! I left the FB group I was that convinced I hadn't got on, I was told I'd hear by the end of this month but only if I was successful and as time went on I assumed that I hadn't got a place...until an email popped into my inbox this morning - I'm in! grin

So thank you to everyone who contributes to the FB group, it was such a big help.

I'm in shock, I keep reading the email in case I've read it wrong! Childcare looks like it'll be a nightmare though so I've got stuff to work through before I can celebrate properly.

wine Cheers!

Funkymadhouse Fri 28-Jun-13 20:19:20

Nothing yet Sweetpie123??? It's been AGES :-( x

sweetpie123 Fri 28-Jun-13 23:05:22

Funkymadhouse - nothing my friend, Thanks for asking: its such a nightmare. I have decided to zip-up lol.

Funkymadhouse Sat 29-Jun-13 13:39:06

Sweetpie123 I would be so frustrated :-( xx

Zek99 Sun 30-Jun-13 23:46:17

Sweetpie I have heard nothing either from London deanery!!!

Hvdream Tue 02-Jul-13 18:53:38

Hey everyone, I have found this thread so helpful! Thanks to everyone. Just heard I have assessment next week, as I applied to London Deanery. I am really worried about the numeracy. Been swotting, does anyone know if the pass mark is 100%?

Zek99 Tue 02-Jul-13 19:51:07

Hvdream I have an assessment next week too! And worried about numeracy too!

Coffeechocs123 Wed 03-Jul-13 09:37:29

Hi all, I have got a place to start the health visitor training in September at derby but since I got the call last Monday to say I had the place I have heard nothing!
Iwas wondering if anyone else had heard anything about start dates or got a confirmation letter? I have to give 8 weeks notice so gotta do it soon but I don't want to hand in my notice until I have a start date and some kind of confirmation! Anyone know anything? Thanks

samuel1992 Thu 04-Jul-13 06:12:16

Sweetpie123, I have not had an assessment or interview yet. The London deanery just requested an email of my certificates, I do not know if that is standard practice. I will send it, and hope for the best.

missymoo228 Sat 06-Jul-13 15:29:59

Hi everyone, I got a 'yes' from VirginCare in April and an offer letter in early May depending on checks and references, which were all ok. I also had to apply to Surrey Uni at same time but I am still awaiting confirmation of whether or not I have been accepted by the uni. The uni state that they are awaiting confirmation from VirginCare. I have tried to chase both but they are being quite evasive. Anyone else having similar issues? Thanks x

Marjorie23 Sat 06-Jul-13 17:41:49

Hi I applied last year for south bank london uni and past the assessments got an interview and sadly got 72 and the pass mark was 73, I was extremely disappointed yet after a year I have decided to try one more time. Have my assessment Friday hoping to pass that again to get an interview. This time however have applied for Kings as realised it it neaer to my home and have heard its a good uni. Not sure whether the questions will be the same as last year as assumed they were all the same but maybe its different for each uni! I applied thru the london deanary. Any ideas if they the same?

JadeElizabeth Tue 09-Jul-13 14:49:27

This is the best post! Thank you for such good advice all round! I was lucky enough to have secured a HV post - is anybody applying to de Montford this September? xo

JadeElizabeth Tue 09-Jul-13 14:51:58

Hi fresh47 I've accepted with CCS x

Sandiem7 Wed 10-Jul-13 17:15:18

I am still awaiting to hear from round 1 interview. I applied again for 2014. It seems the main problem is the London Trusts to make offers budgets and places an issue.

Karamel Wed 10-Jul-13 21:07:17

Hiya. This is my first post on here-although I have been reading for a while-and thanks to all for such great advice.I had my assessment for London Deanery today...not sure if any of you were there-but for anyone going shortly would definitely advise that you focus on the the literacy-as I and many others felt the time frame was really tight. If anyone has an questions about the tests just ask-whilst its still relatively fresh in my mind!

samuel1992 Sat 13-Jul-13 13:59:54

Had my assessment on Friday 12/07/13. I think I've blown it. The literacy was weird, time went really fast, two unanswered questions. Then the numeracy was ok, but was still panicking from the first paper. Everything totally ruined. May try again next year. Such is life.

samuel1992 Sat 13-Jul-13 14:01:21

Had my assessment on Friday 12/07/13. I think I've blown it. The literacy was weird, time went really fast, two unanswered questions. Then the numeracy was ok, but was still panicking from the first paper. Everything totally ruined. May try again next year. Such is life.

MrsLWestie Sat 13-Jul-13 16:34:12

Coffeechocs123 I have sent you a private message. x

This thread is not accepting new messages.