Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Leah80 Thu 18-Apr-13 06:49:25

MrsLWestie congrats on being shortlisted, I'm applying from outside the trust. That would be great if you could find out a little bit of info. I found their trust values questionnaire ok so hopefully I won't find the assessment day too bad but who knows! You should join the fb group as there's lots of information on it and advice x

Leah80 Thu 18-Apr-13 06:50:37

Oh and yes I've confirmed my attendance, the lady on the phone was lovely x

thyra30 Thu 18-Apr-13 07:57:43

Does anyone know what pay point u start on after completion of course? Currently I am on top band 5 thus 27901 but have been offered a place on the course with a salary of 24500. On completion of de course do I continue from 27901?

Lou4148 Thu 18-Apr-13 14:19:09

Hi everyone, just thought I would let you know that I got a place!!! In shock and still can't quite believe it. Been the most stressful time ever. I don't think that you can possibly know what they are going to ask, but make sure you don't just know what policies there are, but how they influence HV in the area where you are being interviewed for.
-Have a look at what type of families there are locally
-look at diversity, how would you get the health message across to non English speaking mums etc
-have a few examples up your sleeve of conflict, innovative practice, research and how you've implemented it in your practice.
-Know about local initiatives for breast feeding, healthy eating etc and also national health promotion campaigns.
- think about a scenario for safeguarding- what would you do as a HV?
- talk about involving fathers
- what would you do if you suspected domestic abuse? What impact could that have on the child
-how could you as a HV influence policy? - tough one I thought!

I think the feedback I got was that I was really enthusiastic and passionate- try and do that too!!
I think that was the half bottle of Bach flower remedy talking! As I was absolutely terrified! And with it all comes a huge amount of luck...

Kittyket Thu 18-Apr-13 19:00:20

For Leah80

I'm so confused .... I have applied to the post advertised by Notts , but in the ad I think it said there was an option to study at either Derby or Sheffield uni. The closing date for this was 1/4/13
Does this ring a bell to you Leah80? or did I just dream it ? And also are you still waiting to hear back from them too?confused

Leah80 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:08:55

Kittyket
Yes that's correct you have a choice of uni and I'm still waiting to hear from them, I'm ringing again tomorrow as I was told the lady dealing with it is back in tomorrow, so hopefully I will have something to tell you. They are taking there time, hopefully it's good news for us x

KimiRip Thu 18-Apr-13 20:49:54

Hi Everyone! Love this thread! I applied for student HV for Shrewsbury/Telford last week, I just wondered if anybody else had applied for this area? I haven't heard anything yet as to whether my application was successful, wondered if anybody else had heard anything for this area?

Kittyket Thu 18-Apr-13 21:34:30

Leah80
Thanks for that ... I was begining to think that I had deleted an email. Is Jane Heaney the person you are going to try to get in touch with? I'll try to ring tomorrow too.... but like you say hopefully it's good news for us.
Fingers crossed x

Leah80 Thu 18-Apr-13 21:44:37

I'm not sure who's dealing with it. Are you getting confused with my other posts for Derby city which I've been shortlisted for?
The lead lady for nottm city is on annual leave so that's why I'm ringing HR, if she's in the office tomorrow then I'm hoping they send out interviews as I know there's an assignment to write and take along on the day and I'd like to get started sooner rather than later x

MrsLWestie Fri 19-Apr-13 08:04:28

Kittyket - jane Heaney is the manager for derby hv..

MrsLWestie Fri 19-Apr-13 08:06:57

Leah80 - I'm not on fb 😞
Did you say you had already had an interview elsewhere? I'll try to ask my boss today about info on the assessment day, for a "friend"!!!

Leah80 Fri 19-Apr-13 08:18:33

MrsLWestie thank you that would be great. No other interviews as yet, had one for nottm county which I didn't get and I'm still waiting to hear about nottm city. So currently I just have the derby assessment day coming up, I'm going to try and chase up nottm city again today x

Leah80 Fri 19-Apr-13 09:57:09

Nottm city shortlisting has all been done, I've not got an interview x

durrell Fri 19-Apr-13 11:07:26

Has anyone heard anything from southampton uni for a september start?

kittykat10 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:23:07

for all you ladies who are due to have interviews be prepared for potential ice breaker questions as well.

good luck

iberostar Fri 19-Apr-13 13:44:30

what do you mean by icebreaker questions?

kittykat10 Fri 19-Apr-13 14:59:52

i know of some one who was asked what cartoon character they would be and what would hey do if they had lots of money to spend in community

iberostar Fri 19-Apr-13 16:52:52

really? ! how bizarre

MrsLWestie Fri 19-Apr-13 18:59:21

Leah80 what questions were you asked for your notts interview? Am thinking we could help each other here re interview and assessment centre!!x
Sorry to hear you didn't get short listed for notts city, neither did I!!

Leah80 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:01:05

MrsLWestie I will message you in a bit once the kids are in bed, I really need to get through this one now so any help would be grateful, I will pm you with all I know x

MrsLWestie Fri 19-Apr-13 19:22:44

Cool, I've just got my two down, about to order a Chinese treat!!x

Leah80 Fri 19-Apr-13 20:21:28

Sent you a message x

Littlebitwoo Fri 19-Apr-13 21:59:44

Hello, didn't get notts but still waiting for staffs. Has anyone had any news from them?

MrsLWestie Sat 20-Apr-13 08:25:54

Leah80 - replied!x

Iris29 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:24:03

Hi

So pleased i found this thread, I have an interview coming up for the 2 + 1 degree ( Accelerated Adult + H/V pgdip). I notice that you have a face book group with some hints and tips for interviews. Would it be possible to join up? We have been given a topic for discussion around HV and i would really like to run some idea's past someone with a bit more experience?

Thanks

This thread is not accepting new messages.