Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

cath889 Wed 10-Apr-13 11:33:38

Hi pinkyblondeprincess congrats!! They asked me a lot about my current role, what I'm proud of, conflict resolution, what I can bring to health visiting, I reckon you will get the same lady I did as she is head of Kent community health, remember to look at the 6cs and compassionate care, I strongly advise this! Hope this helps xx

LolFC Wed 10-Apr-13 13:26:27

Hi moochi, I have an interview at Brighton on the 25th Apr (this is probably why you have to wait so long before you hear if you were successful). What can I expect from the interview? Also I've never had a group interview before - how does it work?
For those of you who have applied to London deanery, I also have an interview there on the 15th Apr so if anyone has been please let me know how it went. I'm equally happy to help anyone who goes after me...

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 16:22:58

Liverpool ladies (and ?gents), I just rang LJMU. Decisions are to be sent out in the next few days...! Nervous.

iberostar Wed 10-Apr-13 17:09:36

Has anyone been interviewed by lch?

Rosanna12 Wed 10-Apr-13 18:10:39

Hi Autumn Daisy, did you mean that Liverpool JM uni are making decisions in the next few days for actual places? I had an interview with them on monday, and am anxiously waiting to hear! Thanks xx

iberostar Wed 10-Apr-13 18:15:47

rosanna12, what was the interview like?

what questions did they ask?

Rosanna12 Wed 10-Apr-13 18:27:15

Hiya, it wasn't too bad really. The presentation was very daunting, but then they just asked questions about scenarios, personal qualities etc. Be careful thought as they might switch the questions up abit, so I don't want you to revise what they asked me for the questions to be completely different! Have you got an interview coming up at LJMU? xx

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 18:27:26

Hi Rosanna12, no sorry, those of us who applied through the university are still waiting to hear if we have been successful in getting interviews! Good luck with getting a place. Was it just an interview or did you have to do a presentation or anything? I'm stressing because I know the interviews are in April and I'm worried I won't have the time to prepare if they don't let us know soon! Thanks x

Rosanna12 Wed 10-Apr-13 18:32:41

Oh right I see! I applied through NHS jobs and had my interview date weeks ago. That's really unfair as you don't have as much time to prepare for interview! You have to do a short (5 min) presentation on 'the role of the health visitor', and answer questions after that. Am i right in thinking interviews only go on until next tuesday? xx

iberostar Wed 10-Apr-13 18:41:02

rosanna12 sounds right, i thought it was tue they were interviewing until. im expecting safeguarding, leadership and transferable skills to come up at least. were there many questions. wondering if its short answer or a few longer complex questions? im dreading the presentation tho.

iberostar Wed 10-Apr-13 18:43:57

also - lol, when yous say scenarios do you mean they give you an actual scenario and you have to answer how you would deal or do they ask you to give scenarios of your experince with certain topics, like say a safeguarding issue?

thereds Wed 10-Apr-13 18:56:25

Hi Autum Daisy I contacted LJMU yesterday I also applied through the uni and they told me over the phone I have an interview, the interviews are being held on the 24,25,26th April.

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 19:01:58

Someone said above that they're interviewing on 24, 25, 26, but I've never been told any dates. It just said on the uni website that they would be shortlisting in March and interviews would be April... x

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 19:07:08

Hi thereds, sorry cross post. It was you who said those dates :-) I wish I'd asked them to tell me on the phone, but she sounded as though she'd been asked the same thing a hundred times so I thought I'd better not push it :-/ I just want to know now though, it's been nearly 7 weeks! Grrr x

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 19:09:36

And thanks and well done on your interview! x

happylaws Wed 10-Apr-13 21:46:53

Going to say this again and bug you all......but have you all joined our facebook group?? We have summarised all of this information on the group page within different topics! I just feel the more people sharing the info the better smile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentHVs/

AutumnDaisy Wed 10-Apr-13 22:31:59

Thanks happylaws, if I get on the course I will join the group. I really do want to join now, but I don't want people knowing I've applied for the course yet :-/ x

magentastar Thu 11-Apr-13 13:59:47

Hi! Has anyone applied for leeds/hudds?

Leah80 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:47:21

Has anyone else applied for Derby or Nottm? Derby interviews are due to start on 29th April so surely they need to tell people soon if they need to prepare something x

Smartypants123 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:48:54

Leah was just about to put the same thing still not heard from Derby. Am thinking about ringing them.

Leah80 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:58:16

Yeah that might be worth doing, I don't know if anyone else on here has applied for nottm city so I don't know if anyone has heard from them or not but I'm not sure when their interviews will be as it didn't say. Will probably give then till next week and then ring. I'm just really impatient and hate waiting x

highlyfavoured Thu 11-Apr-13 16:25:15

I had to fon derby n apparently ey hav finished shortlisting. They wil be sending out letters early next week. So those of us who r waiting on them look out for e post frm mon.

Leah80 Thu 11-Apr-13 17:34:06

Oh so Monday is d-day then, shame its not before the weekend, I hate all this waiting around, do u know if they let you know either way or is it a no if you don't hear from them? Good luck to anyone waiting x

AmandinePoulain Thu 11-Apr-13 17:40:48

Can I join you? I applied to UniGlam (from today apparently now called the University of South Wales - I had an email this morning and got all excited when I saw the sender thinking it was an interview date but that was it sad) in January for a September start. I'm currently on mat leave from SCBU where I've been for 10 years. I'm hoping for a part time place as I have a 5yo and 8mo. There's loads of good info on this thread, thanks. I'll check out the fb group too.

Good luck to those of you with interviews coming up smile

AmandinePoulain Thu 11-Apr-13 17:43:33

I've requested to join the fb group...hope that's ok?

This thread is not accepting new messages.