Essex 11+ 2012 - Anyone else doing it?

(213 Posts)
piggywigwig Thu 06-Sep-12 12:18:34

I was wondering if there's any other MN'ers on the countdown to the 22nd September?
How's everyone feeling? How's everyone's DC's feeling? Does anyone want a hand-holding session, support and even a rant?
I'd love to hear from fellow Essex parents smile

MerryCouthyMows Mon 18-Mar-13 09:03:19

DS1 is still number 18 on the waiting list for CRGS, and number 51 on the OOC waiting list for KEGS, so there has been NO movement.

I didn't expect there to be any movement for KEGS tbh, because I know that they are already one over PAN because admissions made a fluff up with someone else's application and gave them CRGS when they were IC for KEGS.

Because of this, KEGS were made to take one extra pupil, so for there to be any movement on the waiting list, TWO pupils have to turn down KEGS. Only then will they start offering places to the waiting list.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any movement on the CRGS waiting list though - because I KNOW that one person who was offered CRGS is turning the place down to go to Ipswich school, plus the person who was offered CRGS mistakenly that is now at KEGS, there should have been at least 2 places movement on that list.

I'm assuming that Admissions haven't yet processed the refusal forms, hence no movement. Will try again on Friday...

MerryCouthyMows Mon 18-Mar-13 09:04:24

Collecting evidence from school for appeal throughout the next couple of weeks.

breward Mon 18-Mar-13 19:00:03

Thanks for the info. I thought it was strange that not a single child out of 120 had declined a place. Felsted, New Hall and the Brentwood school would be pretty empty without any scholarships being taken up.

As the CRGS list and ic / occ Kegs have not moved it does seem that the refusal forms have not been processed yet.

A friend of mine was offered a place at CCHS last week but the phone call came from CCHS and not ECC. However, ECC did tell another parent further down the list that their child had moved 3 places up for CCHS. It seems like CCHS are on the ball. Last year DD got her Welcome pack from CCHS on 2nd March!

breward Fri 31-May-13 12:04:52

Just checking in again to wish Couthy all the best with the appeal next week. Hopefully you will get the result you want and deserve. Will be thinking of you.

piggywigwig Tue 18-Jun-13 12:38:16

For those people who have appealed, I wish you huge good luck.

I hope everyone is feeling okay?

If there's any new 11+ parents then please feel free to ask questions

breward Fri 12-Jul-13 18:12:00

Friend's DS who was 13th on w/l for CRGS has just been offered a place.

piggywigwig Fri 12-Jul-13 19:10:09

That's fabulous news, Breward. It may sound rude but do you have a rough idea what their score was, so lurkers on the waiting list can get an idea where they stand?

breward Fri 12-Jul-13 20:14:21

MrsPatrickDempsey Sat 13-Jul-13 23:16:26

Wondering if there is any news from Couthy...?

piggywigwig Tue 16-Jul-13 11:44:22

I was wondering how things were going with Couthy, too.

rollonthesummer Mon 19-May-14 20:49:54

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if your son got his place at KEGS, Breward?

breward Tue 20-May-14 21:11:25

Yes he did. He got a place in September after spending 11 days at SHSB. So we had to buy two uniforms.... however the money we saved on the school bus in the first month paid for the Kegs uniform.

DS is loving kegs and doing really well. He also loved SHSB too. Looking back he was very lucky to experience two different Grammar school, if only for a short time. Both were totally different experiences and he has a unique insight into being a new boy at two grammar schools.

The waiting list was certainly a roller coaster. This year the lists are so stagnant. I feel sorry for the parents with children at Number 1 on the lists. We were in that position for over 3 months but it worked out well for us... Thanks for asking!

rollonthesummer Tue 20-May-14 22:27:32

That's great-glad there was a happy ending!!

I wonder if he was in my DS's class at SHSB, actually, as one of his form left to go to KEGS in September!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now