PTA Christmas Fair - What do you Charge?

(28 Posts)
lennythelion Thu 11-Nov-10 16:33:43

Hi there, I'm helping organise our school Christmas Fair. We are trying to decide on pricing for entry to the Fair and cafe (ie. tea, coffee, juice, slice of cake etc.) We normally charge about 20p for each of these but I don't think we are charging enough.

I would be grateful to hear from others as to what they think is reasonable.

Also, new ideas for the Fair would be greatly appreciated. We tend to do stalls, grotto, cafe, raffle & tombola.

Many Thanks.

losingtrust Wed 28-Nov-12 19:37:15

If you are as miserly you use the sweets from Halloween left over and go through the kids stuff for things from party packs that have never been touched such as pencils and little crayons. We are a voluntary aided school so need to raise 10% of any building costs so parents more used to contributing to school as we have school fund and only half the kids return the glasses but it is enough.

losingtrust Wed 28-Nov-12 19:38:47

I used to keep all the macdonalds happy meal toys for this purpose although a difficult admission on mumsnet.

pantaloons Wed 28-Nov-12 19:49:01

We generally charge £1 for games such as pull a string (bottle on the other end, anything from gin to tomato sauce) and hoopla jar (kids fill jars at home which are put on 3 levels, they get 3 goes for their pound and win whatever they hoop). Other games such as guess how many, treasure hunt and marble and forks are 50p as there isn't always a prize. Cakes are 50p, hamper raffle is £1. We also sell stockings, cards, calendars and baubles which the children make in school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now