The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

got a bargain but embarrassing to collect

(28 Posts)
NannyMcphee12 Sun 22-Sep-13 21:40:13

Post for a friend

She won a car seat & 2 bases for 99p! She's now thinking how embarrassing it will be when collecting them.

Any tips?

georgeannaskala Mon 23-Sep-13 09:59:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

iWantChampagneOnColaBudget Mon 23-Sep-13 22:37:09

won a sky box for 1p and then (cheekily) messaged the seller wether they wanted paypal or cash on collection
they messaged back to say 'ta, dont worry about the penny, just pick it up' wink

WeAreEternal Wed 25-Sep-13 20:47:20

If I win something on collection for 99p I always put a £1 coin in a small envelope and write thank you on it and hand it to the seller when I collect, it takes the embarrassment out of handing over the measly £1 for the item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now