The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Refund question please!

(5 Posts)
Solo Fri 19-Jul-13 13:22:09

I recently bought a BNWT (tags detached from dress) dress from ebay that had what looked like splashes of food on it.
I contacted the seller immediately, sent pictures etc and she said that she'd cancel the sale and I could return the dress which I did at a cost of £5.00
The refund has been made, but only for the cost of the dress, not for the £5.95 + £5.00 P&P here and back.

Should I be refunded those costs? I didn't change my mind, the dress was dirty and dry clean only and although I did consider keeping it, I was worried the silk would be left with marks on it.
I can't see why I should bear the costs for postage when I haven't even got the item I bought in good faith.

Any ideas before I make contact please?

CockyFox Fri 19-Jul-13 13:25:03

When I sell on ebay and say on my descriptions that I will refund item cost and original p and p but not return postage. I have never had a return but I think that is fair not many online businesses offer free returns.

Solo Fri 19-Jul-13 13:27:21

But it was dirty, I didn't change my mind.

LilyBossom Fri 19-Jul-13 13:30:27

you're entitled to a full refund of all you paid, not just the item cost, and a good seller would refund your £5 costs too, but you can't enforce that. did you return tracked, if so open not as described case and ebay will refund the balance, then you can leave appropriate feedback and stars.

Solo Fri 19-Jul-13 13:36:05

Thank you LilyBossom I will contact the seller first and go from there smile
Yes, I sent it via a courier company all tracked! thank goodness I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now