The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

So how long do you give for someone to pay for a high value item?

(34 Posts)
Twattybollocks Sat 13-Jul-13 12:50:01

Pushchair sold on eBay Thursday morning. So far I've had no payment and no contact. The price of the pushchair is £550 so not a small sum. I sent a polite email yesterday afternoon asking if they would be collecting or did I need to post as I was going out and could get bubble wrap whilst I was out if it needed posting. I've had no contact whatsoever from the buyer since they used the buy it now option.
It's not the lack of payment but the lack of contact that I'm a bit concerned about

LilyBossom Mon 15-Jul-13 19:28:29

no don't do a sale cancellation because if she refuses it you can still get neg feedback and won't get your fees back

open a npb now - it still gives her another 4 days to pay. Ebay won't remove a neg just because you have been polite.

lljkk Mon 15-Jul-13 19:56:32

Sadly I agree with Lily, she's already arsing you around. Try to get her to pay fully then npb.

Twattybollocks Mon 15-Jul-13 20:00:24

No they won't remove a neg because I was polite but they usually do remove a neg it its unfair, and I haven't actually done anything wrong, I've given her every chance to back out of the sale if she doesn't want it, agreed to hang on for payment for over a week, been polite and professional throughout. Anyhow, I'll see how I go, she's obv a newbie and still learning, she has agreed to pay the full amount on Saturday so fx she does and then I can post it.

Twattybollocks Sun 21-Jul-13 09:03:54

Well what a surprise, Saturday when she promised to pay first thing came and went, and no sign of payment and no response to my polite email yesterday lunch time, so I've opened an npb case, this means she can't leave me feedback right?

LilyBossom Sun 21-Jul-13 09:43:53

yes, if she doesn't pay & you close it in 4 days time she can't leave any feedback. Make sure you add her to your blocked bidder list too.

sarahtigh Sun 21-Jul-13 10:36:22

if she pays she can leave feedback

Twattybollocks Sun 21-Jul-13 11:56:00

Tbh at the moment I don't want her to pay, I'd rather just close the case. Feel like an idiot, I've given her the benefit of the doubt as she's obv new to eBay and its a lot of money, but she has messed me about for 10 days now and I've had enough.

LilyBossom Sun 21-Jul-13 11:58:39

you waited far too long tbh - should have opened the case days ago.

lljkk Mon 22-Jul-13 19:07:25

let us know what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now