The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

FYI: MyHermes are putting prices up on 18th June.

(9 Posts)
Colliecollie Wed 19-Jun-13 04:24:00

Aargh!!! Just seen this. There goes my crappy profit margin.
Yes, I'm only selling bundles from now on. It's the only way I can shift my stock now.

F4ttyBumBum Tue 18-Jun-13 18:29:26

Argh just got caught out by this, had a very nasty shock when posting some stuff off that I charged £3 P&P for. So what are the options out there at the moment?

RM large letter £1.10
RM small package £2.60
Myhermes 0-2kg £4.20

Anything inbetween for jeans, coats or shoes? There seems to be a gap in the market.

Lifesagame Mon 17-Jun-13 09:35:31

Just noticed this too - big bundles of stuff only from now on then I guess. Shame because ebay was always a handy way to get rid of stuff and was great for doing it bit by bit as and when you had the time sad

Mandy2003 Mon 17-Jun-13 08:48:25

Bastards!! Surely the increased amount of thicker parcels under 1kg that they have been getting since RM's price increase must have paid for itself, and more?

Oh crap I was going to use them to post a few things Tuesday <annoyed>

INeedThatForkOff Sun 16-Jun-13 13:25:05

I reckon I'm just going to stick to small, light items of clothing and package it carefully. £2.60 small parcel with RM. Not selling shoes, coats etc though.

fergoose Sun 16-Jun-13 13:15:53

no I agree. Charging £3.30 I felt was too much, but over £4 seems extortionate. I guess they found they were having lots of parcels under 1kg since RM price increases, and weren't making any money on them.

INeedThatForkOff Sun 16-Jun-13 09:52:24

Just noticed that Collect + is massively more expensive too. I can't see how it's feasible to sell online any more sad

INeedThatForkOff Sun 16-Jun-13 09:48:19

Here

Still cheaper than Royal Mail, but ffs I just feel ripped off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now