The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

WWYD: Offer BIN or let it run?

(7 Posts)
MrsHoarder Thu 31-Jan-13 16:01:19

I always let it run. They are usually trying to get inexperienced Sellers to sell for less than they would get in an auction.

Its a risk of course, but i'm yet to get loose out this way.

LittleFriendSusan Thu 31-Jan-13 15:55:20

Thanks lljkk. I've checked completed listings but there are so many different types it's difficult to compare! I've replied to them all saying I would rather let it run but if the price is right I'd consider it - up to them if they come back then!

lljkk Thu 31-Jan-13 14:09:51

I would use the Advanced Search facility to find Completed auctions, see the price seller got. use that to inform my decision.

I am only likely to end early for BIN if I have already listed a few times without any bids.

LittleFriendSusan Thu 31-Jan-13 14:03:28

Thanks.

I could always reply asking them to make me an offer? See how much they're prepared to pay?

I suppose whatever we get for it, it's a bonus, as it's been stuck in the loft for 3 years at least!

WowOoo Thu 31-Jan-13 13:56:22

I'd let it run.

fergoose Thu 31-Jan-13 13:48:41

up to you really, your auction your choice.

I guess if the price is right then accept the BIN. An auction is always a gamble isn't it, you never know.

LittleFriendSusan Thu 31-Jan-13 13:39:58

I haven't sold anything on EBay for years, but we are trying to declutter and make a bit of money at the same time, so I listed a few things over the weekend while it was free.

One of my items is BNIB, currently retails at £50.00. I've listed it with a starting bid of £10.00. No bids yet, but 10 watchers - ends this Sunday evening. 3 different people have messaged me over the last day asking if I would do it as a BIN. Is this par for the course nowadays?? Am tempted to just let the auction run as there seems to be a fair bit of interest, but then again I don't want it to go for next to nothing!

WWYD oh experienced Ebayers???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now