This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay Christmas challenge continuing into the new year!

(475 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 10-Dec-12 21:44:51

Last thread full so starting new one.
Still time to make a few quid before Christmas.
Could be good for those unwanted presents after Christmas! grin

Tortoise Thu 16-May-13 21:27:01

Yay sold DDs bed. Only one bid at £40 but it gets rid of it! grin
2 of the books I listed have a bid smile .

PurpleFrog Thu 16-May-13 23:00:08

Well done - Tortoise!

I have not done too bad lot more relisted and most at 99p.
Fastest postage ever ..paid at 1135 posted at 1140 I was going post office anyway when some one paid so packed and posted it smile

Total sales last week about £60 with 9.00 not recieved.

Need to edit a couple and will be adding more after tomorrows car boot

here

Nice one tortoise,
I am taking a few bulky bits to the car boot as its too hard to judge postage and stuff.

smile

lljkk Sat 18-May-13 16:02:37

I have 45 watchers on one item smile.

PurpleFrog Mon 20-May-13 14:32:56

45 watchers? I'm lucky if I get one these days!

Actually, saying that, I sold 3 of my 15 items yesterday, then re-listed 3 at 99p, some with BIN, and have sold another one! That is the best I have done for months. grin Three out of the 4 buyers have actually paid as well!

I suppose now that I am on a roll I should look out some stuff for this coming weekend which will probably be a FLW.

Tortoise Mon 20-May-13 20:48:44

Really surprised that one book sold for just over £7! It was a guide to collectable figures.
Sold a few little bundles of board books for 99p each.

Tortoise Mon 20-May-13 22:21:16

Even more shock now!
A teen skirt that's been listed loads and loads of times, suddenly sold for over £7!

PurpleFrog Thu 23-May-13 10:32:38

It is a FLW this long weekend - info here.

I have sold another of my 99p with BIN re-lists! grin I am still awaiting payment for one item from Sunday. I think I'll open a NPB case now so I can re-list at the tail end of the FLW if necessary.

I am not on holiday on Monday, and am out on Saturday, but hopefully I can get stuck-in on Sunday and get some new items up.

Tortoise Thu 23-May-13 20:19:23

Thought might be free listing.
Mine will be almost all re lists I think.

lljkk Sat 25-May-13 14:36:07

Oh fig, I need a kick up the bottom. I am sitting here procrastinating because this is such a 'mare. I have a terrible item to package (a child bike trailer) and I just do not know if what I'm thinking will work is going to work until I use up a few rolls of parcel tape (have failed to find a proper size box). Arrrrrgggghhhhh...!

PurpleFrog Sat 25-May-13 17:03:36

lljkk - was that the item you had 45 watchers on? Does it come apart at all? Or fold down?

lljkk Sat 25-May-13 17:13:33

Thanks for reply. I think we might be okay now, though I am still nervous. I think some extra clothes line might be good for securing & carrying it.

yes, got to nearly 60 watchers, even smile. Folded down it got to 105 x 82 x 42 cm. I couldn't find a suitable box. And it weighs about 19 kg, so I need strong packaging. Nowadays even chest freezers come wrapped in only cellophane & bits of styrofoam. I've compromised on a bike box partly dissembled then taped up again with extra bits of cardboard at one end. Will cost £35 to courier it (I only charged £25, argh). I swear, I have never had such a hassle figuring out how to package something! I was thinking maybe to get some giant bags the type used to deliver sand in, otherwise. Maybe that would have been better, but harder to stop it getting bashed.

I'm using parcel tape I bought at a carboot sale for 50p/roll, seems pretty good, actually.

PurpleFrog Sat 25-May-13 18:03:21

Glad you managed in the end. It sounds as if that will be good enough. I reckon you really need corrugated cardboard or heavy duty bubble wrap to protect things like that properly.

It is funny how you never have the right sized box at the right time. I was holding on to a variety of handy boxes at work... until my office was declared a major fire hazard after an (unannounced) fire inspection! blush

lljkk Sat 25-May-13 18:56:14

lol. Better hope no one wants to inspect my living room ,then.

Tortoise Sun 26-May-13 21:01:25

I've got someone complaining about the fit of an item I sold. Do you always offer returns for fit?
I'm not sure what to do. They didn't ask for measurements before bidding. It says 20 in the label and I thought it was about right but they have measured and compaired to online size guide and say it's smaller.

PurpleFrog Sun 26-May-13 23:09:33

Tortoise - I think it depends whether it is on your personal or business account.

I have had a frustrating evening trying to add pictures to listings. The progress bar kept going 9/10 of the way up then hanging. I have removed cookies, restarted browsers, tried different browsers, restarted my machine etc. etc. I ended up having to make 2 listings live before 9.00pm and have now gone back to update them. I have just spent an extra 30 mins trying to add 3 pictures. Grrr. At least they have loaded now! I have no idea what was wrong. I just seemed to do the same thing over and over again and it would suddenly work.

I have added 8 new items today and have bids on 2 already! I have also put up 3 re-lists and hope to do a few more tomorrow evening. My NPB hasn't paid yet so it looks like I will be relisting that item as well!

Tortoise Mon 27-May-13 06:29:16

Purplefrog Its on my personal account and they collected the item and paid cash.
Well done on bids smile . I haven't looked yet. Awake at stupid o'clock with bad cough sad .

fergoose Mon 27-May-13 07:40:15

If they collected and paid cash they have no come back whatsoever - apart from neg feedback.

PurpleFrog Mon 27-May-13 09:03:02

If it is on a personal account then the Distance Selling Regulations don't apply. If the buyer leaves negative feedback just say that they had the opportunity to try it on when they collected! grin

I'm really surprised getting bids so early on, and from experienced eBayers, too. That sort of thing doesn't seem to happen any more. Having another NPB has really annoyed me, after selling for years and having had buyers that mucked me around but eventually paid, I have now had 4 NPBs in the past 8 months or so.

Tortoise - I hope your cough improves soon.

Tortoise Mon 27-May-13 09:17:04

Thanks for replys. They have sent a long message detailing texts sent so eBay can see. Only thing is, it's on a pair of jeans that she also bought off me so not even on the right item! (and the jeans were sold off ebay as she forgot to bid but I agreed to sell privately). She's trying to say it's more like a size 14! (it's a size 20)She didn't even get out the car but looked larger than me and I did think that it might not fit her.

Relists done last night. Some other items to put on today. Got to be careful not to exceed the 100 listings. Got over 100 listed now but quite a few are 99p items so I don't think they count.

lljkk Mon 27-May-13 09:50:38

I would tell them to return & I would refund, Tortoise, not worth the grief.

Tortoise Thu 30-May-13 15:26:04

I've been left neg feedback for item not arriving. They only sent me a message last night simply saying "not got yet".
I didn't get around to replying. Neg feedback says something like not got item would like my money back.

lljkk Thu 30-May-13 21:06:59

sheesh! Are they relatively new Ebayer? I think what you are supposed to do is contact them and offer to make amends, then if satisfied you could ask them nicely to w/d feedback.

Tortoise Thu 30-May-13 22:37:24

I don't know, didn't look at that.
I have sent a message saying I will look into it and could they please check at local post office.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now