The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Christmas Challenge! £300.00 by Christmas.

(1000 Posts)
BenedictsCumberbitch Sun 26-Aug-12 16:51:07

I'm getting back into my eBaying, massive clear outs will keep me busy over this free listings weekend, wondered if anyone wanted to join me in making Christmas as cheap as possible and having the good people of eBay pay for most of it!

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Tue 04-Dec-12 10:25:48

Oh and following on from my seller dashboard annoyance. I finally 'ran reports' on my seller dashboard for October and November and lo and behold, despite:

(a) Only having had positive feedback and lovely comments for these months, and
(b) Having had no cases opened or crappy messages / emails, and
(c) Always posting same day or following morning, and
(d) Never overcharging on p&p, and
(c) Always including a note offering a full refund to anyone not fully satisfied;

...I however have clearly had a number of 1* and 2* gradings, on Description, Dispatch and P&P. It is really hard even after running reports to narrow it down to an individual buyer but I have a couple of suspects and I have emailed the item numbers to ebay to ask for assistance.

I doubt I will get anything of the sort, however...

But that's how honest private sellers end up getting restricted, and ebay could surely stop it straight way by not allowing low stars at the same time as positive feedback is being left? It's so unfair <moans on>

lljkk Tue 04-Dec-12 11:06:41

Ebay Corp won't help you find out which buyer gave you low DSRs.

PurpleFrog Tue 04-Dec-12 11:40:47

I have been pleasantly surprised by my 30 day fixed price listings. They are being picked off, one by one, and I am now down to 5 items with 13 or 14 days to go! Of these, 3 are things that have already been relisted multiple times so if they don't go in the next week I will drop the price.

I am hoping for a FLW this weekend, but I don't know how likely that is. There were none in December last year, but the first weekend in December was in both 2010 and 2009. I suppose since this coming weekend is actually the second weekend in December it is even less likely! I have been keeping a running total of my profits all through this year from eBay, NCT, Gumtree etc, and at present I am just over £955. I would really like another £45 or so to round that up! grin

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Tue 04-Dec-12 11:52:52

What do I do lljkk? Report all the suspects?

Even if I knew the exact right one(s), would ebay act on feedback manipulation?

lljkk Tue 04-Dec-12 13:09:49

I don't think Ebay sees it as f/back manipulation.
The positive/neutral/negative is about whether you'd want to do business again, on the whole, with that Ebayer.

The DSRs are details about what buyers liked or didn't. So buyers are allowed to give positive overall but mark downs on individual aspects of the transaction.

(don't yell at me, them ain't my rules, I think the DSR system is stoopid)

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Tue 04-Dec-12 14:46:45

It is stoopid if you don't even know which item you are being marked down on!

Tortoise Tue 04-Dec-12 18:47:36

I can't actually remember listing price Linerunner.
Also sold DD's Littlest pet shop bundle for £80. She's thrilled!

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Tue 04-Dec-12 18:50:13

That's brilliant, Tortosie.

Looks like a £15 BiN is only 10p, seems the way to go this week.

amck5700 Tue 04-Dec-12 19:03:16

Good success then people smile

I got another BIN sold so over the £500 now. I've sold 56 items and still have 5 on BIN - 3 of which are shorts (suitable for gym, so not necessarily a summer purchase). Think I'll just let those run, and shut up shop 'til after Christmas. Still got some unsold items I could relist and loads more stuff in the house I could sell. It's been a brilliant contribution to the Christmas budget - all spent now on presents but it was nice to see it building up.

I'm wondering now whether to carry on listing things every few weeks or just to have another campaign for summer spending money in about May/June?

Maybe have a check to see what wintry stuff I still have.

Tortoise Wed 05-Dec-12 09:32:12

Another BIN item sold smile
My challenge later is to package up the roboraptor and find a big enough box for the littlest pet shop stuff!

Nice one tortoise i have shied away from selling toys and everything I get out the kids have claimed back sad

Last ditch this week I am also stopping next week as we are not around much with my hubbys 40th and a busy weekend of doos and shows.

I am going to put some stuff up on bin and keep my fingers crossed.
Got 17 items on at the moment here

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Wed 05-Dec-12 19:51:12

SNOW Those clothes all look great - good photos.

DS and I are BINning a few things tonight, such as his Nintendo DSi XL console and games. He just doesn't use them any more, and really wants to save up for something else. I said, 'MN says now is the time to sell!'

Best day/time for the auction? (Thought we'd best do both auction/BIN.) DS thinks about 8.55pm in 5 days, after his research, bless him. grin

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Wed 05-Dec-12 21:59:49

Crikey, first BIN gone within half an hour.

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Wed 05-Dec-12 22:29:02

2nd one sold.

I really do have to thank you all for the advice about putting on BIN this week. smile

PurpleFrog Wed 05-Dec-12 23:55:45

I am now down to 4 fixed price listings! smile

I have been looking at completed listings of some of the things I still have to sort out for selling. I think it would be worth my while to try and do that in the next few days, and put them on as BIN with Best Offer, rather than wait until after Christmas!

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Thu 06-Dec-12 17:48:02

Yes, I think you're right, PurpleFrog.

This is going to be a busy buying week - and I'm going to offer Express Delivery as an option I think.

dizzyday07 Thu 06-Dec-12 20:00:29

I have sold 3 toys which I threw on as it was free listing and didn't think I'd have a hell of selling! Only have some DS games on BIN up now.

PurpleFrog Fri 07-Dec-12 10:34:26

Yeah! Free listing this weekend! smile

I haven't had an e-mail but had a look at the announcements on eBay on spec and it is there!

This is going to be my last effort before Christmas... I just have to decide what to put on as free auction style listings (with or without BIN) and what to put on as (paid) fixed price!

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Fri 07-Dec-12 10:53:53

I need to photograph everything today before dusk (which seems to be about 3pm!), for this one final ebay assault!

PurpleFrog Fri 07-Dec-12 11:01:58

I can't photograph anything until the weekends at the moment. It is just getting light when I leave the house in the morning and pitch black when I return home at night! However, I do have a few things that will be fine close-up with flash, so may do them tonight and put them on as fixed price. I also have some other items which I photographed before, but have now decided to sell as a bundle, so need to do a "group photo" to have as my main one! Here's hoping for some nice, clear, sunny weather this weekend....

Tortoise Fri 07-Dec-12 13:15:54

Glad it's free listing. Hopefully get bits scheduled later to start tomorrow or Sunday. Need to clear as much stuff as possible.

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Fri 07-Dec-12 13:18:20

How can I still have a house full of crap when I've sold 170 items since June?

How is this possible?

lljkk Fri 07-Dec-12 13:32:40

me too, LineRunner. grin
Ta so much for FLW notice.

PurpleFrog Fri 07-Dec-12 13:47:55

I'm the same, LineRunner!

But I do notice that I have cleared some space in the loft even although a lot of the loft's ex-contents are still lurking on the landing. Over Christmas I hope to re-arrange the loft and put most of my fabric stash up there in storage boxes, then I can put my pile of "stuff to get rid of" in the spare room.

LineRunnerWithBellsOn Fri 07-Dec-12 14:08:44

<marvels at concept of spare room>

This thread is not accepting new messages.