no win no fee divorce lawyer, London?

(6 Posts)
cherryblossoming Mon 02-Sep-13 12:21:11

My friend has been in a long-term relationship with a man who is not British (Nordic countries). They have a toddler. They bought a property together but he is not willing to pay his part. They always fight and have arguments. I always hear that he constantly skips buying food or to pay for other things. My friend has to do it but she cannot take it longer anymore. She does not have thousands to pay a lawyer, so I am thinking to suggest her a no win no fee one. Any suggestions or should she contact CAB? She wants him to pay part of the mortgage without delays and contribute to bringing up their child. He can afford but stingy.

Many thanks.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 02-Sep-13 22:56:53

I have never heard of this in family law area. Probably as it is not seen as winning or losing, but as reaching an agreement. There maybe firms who would consider delaying fees till settlement is reached.
The other alternative which I have used is interest free credit card to spread the payments further or till settlement is reached.

Collaborate Tue 03-Sep-13 14:51:22

No win no fee is unlawful for family law disputes.

AnythingNotEverything Tue 03-Sep-13 14:57:41

How do you "win" at divorce?

whatsnext2 Fri 06-Sep-13 19:21:09

Check out a Sears Tooth agreement.

cherryblossoming Mon 09-Sep-13 13:50:27

Many thanks. I will check the agreement. She has to win somewhere. If they separate then he needs to provide his part of financial help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now