Unknown

(4 Posts)
3stars Mon 08-Apr-13 07:02:00

Any advice would be appreciated,going round my headsad I am sahm, 3children(6,4&3)married for nearly 12 years. I have been unhappy for few years and have finally made decision to end it. He is not aware yet-thinks all is fine when clearly it's not but chooses to bury his head in a computer rather than talk(one of our problems) The house is in his name only, all I am worried about is the house-I don't want any savings he may have.when we bought the house his family leant some money towards it which he is paying back monthly. He has told me on more than one occasion that if we do part I must leave with the children so the house can be sold and the money paid back-effectively scrubbing me and the children out like we don't existsad he can't do this can he? Thank you for reading

Georgebooboo Mon 08-Apr-13 08:47:35

Hello sorry your going through this.. You've been married a long time and have three children so your going to be entitled to your share of the house and any assets he has . If I were u I would speak to a solicitor ASAP so u know exactly where u stand before u think of moving out of the house x

3stars Mon 08-Apr-13 08:58:07

I am not leaving,this is the children's home and he should be the one to go as far as I am concerned-for the children's sake, however he has made it quite clear he is not leavingsad going to be an interesting time ahead,if it was just me i would be gone;) thank you for your reply,I find other views helpfulsmile

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 08-Apr-13 16:20:53

You really need to get some legal advice about this. It is possible that his family could call in the loan on the house (I had advice on a similar situation) so you need to consider that selling the family home could be essential.
But a solicitor will be able to give you very detail advice on your situation. It is worth being very open to all possible futures and remember home is where you are not any one building.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now