Please help me get my head round this

(8 Posts)
Collaborate Sun 20-Jan-13 09:01:46

Do a quick CSA assessment. 15% less any discount for shared care.

Are his interim housing costs similar to yours, or is he staying with relatives? That will affect affordability.

Courts can sometimes expect someone in your husband's position to pay more interim maintenance (to keep heads above water) than he'd expect to pay long term, but it all depends on how the figured stack up.

You need to take some detailed advice from a solicitor. Look for one on the resolution.org.uk website.

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 20-Jan-13 07:51:20

Why shouldn't he contribute to that? His actions have meant that childcare has increased. It is a cost for the children so should be split 50/50. If you were still together and needed it you would both contribute?

MushroomSoup Sun 20-Jan-13 07:22:56

Not ranty - just what I need.
I will need to use wrap around in the mornings to get to work on time if he's not here.
He's not going to pay that is he?!

OwlCatMouse Sun 20-Jan-13 00:54:58

Sorry. Ranty.

OwlCatMouse Sun 20-Jan-13 00:54:10

and why would your childcare bill increase? Presumably you've been paying childcare so that BOTH of you can work? So both of you are responsible for the childcare bill.

MushroomSoup Sun 20-Jan-13 00:51:09

'The bastard' grin

OwlCatMouse Sun 20-Jan-13 00:47:00

Oh the bastard sad

I don't really know, hopefully someone useful will be along in a bit. Don't forger that you are still jointly responsible for the bills - he doesn't get to just skip out of his responsibility.

Might be worth a call to the mortgage company to see if you can go interest only though?

MushroomSoup Sun 20-Jan-13 00:37:11

DH is leaving me. We've been married 11 years; 1 DC aged 7. I have older DCs who spend half their time with us.
We both have good jobs and share the childcare.
We have a large mortgage.
I have absolutely no idea what will happen with the house at the moment. Can I stay here? What if I can't make the payments on my own? If we have to sell, how do I manage in the meantime?
I'm not concerned how I'll cope financially when we're divorced, but I'm worried about the interim period. How do I keep up payments/large bills/increased childcare etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now