husband left me for his ex girlfriend

(32 Posts)
Labisiffree Mon 01-Oct-12 22:04:29

We have been married 12 years, 2 sons, not perfect but i thought at least we plodded on. He was funny for a few weeks, very quiet and disengaged, then told me hed been having an affair, not a sexual one at that point ( he said).

He then left! I am on my own with my two DS, 10 and 11. I have lots of good friends but I feel so numb. I was so calm about him going, he is now living with her( shes left her husband) and although I am angry with him, I am strangely calm. Why?, and when am I going to fall apart?

coybiatch Tue 23-Oct-12 23:28:55

A few days ago, two days after our 6th anniversary, I was shocked to find that my husband had "married" another woman. How? Well, there were pictures online of the wedding ceremony (google, facebook, photographer). Whether or not there was a marriage license is unknown to me right now except for the fact that he IS still legally married to me. Although many small things never did add up, I NEVER expected THIS. I found this last Thursday AT WORK, while I was looking up legitimate business online that involved the two of them, looking for a reference to something. At first, I felt numb and panicked. I feel disbelief and "how could he throw everything away". Mornings are the worst, when I first wake up and remember what has happened. Knowing that I know, he has the good sense not to come home from his last "business" trip. He completely denies having an affair, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. I agree that doing normal things is helpful.

HappyHalloweenMotherFucker Tue 23-Oct-12 23:37:27

blimey, coy, that is despicable of him

I hope you are reporting him to the police

Kis2013 Mon 01-Apr-13 17:01:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

kinkyfuckery Mon 01-Apr-13 17:06:15

Kis2013 You would be better to start your own thread, possibly in the Relationships topic.

In fact, no I just read it and am reporting your post for spam. Have a lovely day grin

Icangetthruthis Sat 06-Jul-13 16:16:44

Wow, it is amazing to read this thread, I guess after going thru something like this one feels alone in the world... It helps to know other women are strong and surviving!

After 19 years together and 2 kids, I found my hisband having an affair with his old, first love. We are separated now and I am doing pretty well, like the one post above there is a big element of relief since he has always been a demanding jerk and hard to be around. He acted as if the decision to separate was mine to make, at least when he was being nice. But I think he knew I would leave and he seems more relieved than anything. Even though I know I am making the right decision it hurts so badly that he is accepting it and not fighting in any way to keep me!!!

This thread is so old- so here is my question for you ladies- how are you NOW? It has only been 5 weeks since I found out- how can I stop the endless, repetitive, hurtful thoughts swirling in my brain? I know logically that my life is going to be fine, easier even, and I'll meet someone else, etc. But I still can't sleep for thinking the same things over, and over, and over..... Any suggestions??

sweetpetite Mon 27-Jan-14 14:32:00

Thought I would update this thread, and let you know as the OP, that things have improved dramatically, and it probably took me 6 months of up and down to properly feel happy and strong again.

I did lots of internet dating which was not successful in terms of finding me a mate, but it helped me realise there are lots of nice men out there and I deserved better.

In September 2013 I met an old school friend for the first time in 25 years (!) at a reunion, we've been together ever since, and he is wonderful, respectful, funny, gentle and kind. There were times I felt I'd be on my own forever, there were times I wanted to be! I learned to be happy alone, and that's the key I think.
Divorce proceedings are going through slowly, he's still with the exgf and she's having a baby next month.... another thing to think about.
I'll think about that when it happens though...

Frikadellen Tue 28-Jan-14 12:01:09

Thank you for updating I often wonder what happens to people.

I am happy to hear your life is moving on and you have someone good in your life smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now