Stratford Rec. Paddling Pool!

(9 Posts)
bea Thu 18-Jun-09 20:38:54

does anyone know if the paddling pool has any water in it?

a friend went the other week and it was empty!

Honestly haven't been to Stratford for years and now i go twice in one week!

llareggub Thu 18-Jun-09 20:44:13

Do you mean Stratford on Avon?

The pool in Warwick has water now, if that helps.

bea Thu 18-Jun-09 20:49:13

yes stratford upon avon

llareggub Thu 18-Jun-09 20:57:14

I don't know where the Stratford one is, sorry.

twinklytoes Thu 18-Jun-09 21:56:27

haven't been this year so not any real help but tbh the park next to it is great and has a wonderful sandpit.

llaregubb - if you go into stratford, its at the end of the car park adjacent to the butterfly farm and the cricket ground, opposite side of river to the town. I would go first thing in the morning or after 3 if going during peak visiting times - the car park can get really busy.

bamboo Sat 20-Jun-09 22:20:25

It didn't last week - looked a bit worse for wear really.

As twinklytoes says, though, the sand pit is great. It has a water element to it - my dc managed to get completely soaked there, so was pleased I'd packed a change of clothes anyway.

bea Sun 21-Jun-09 09:46:04

we went friday and it wasn't filled in! i'm a bit angry about it because i love the paddling pool and for the kiddies to paddle in is great! anyway... not sure what i'm moaning about except i hauled towels and cossies there kids didn't notice as they just spent an entire 2 half hours in the sandpit! amazing... there were 10 of them and they had a fab time building mud pies, rivers and moats! but am thinking of writing to the council and asking why it isn't filled in! hmm

hope it iusn't for twinklys reason as what is the world coming to if it is! shock

bea Sun 21-Jun-09 09:47:51

thanks to all that replied! smile

mrsmitch01 Wed 03-Jul-13 07:39:27

I've just looked on the council website. It opens on a Saturday and Sunday and then all week during school holidays.
https://www.stratford.gov.uk/leisure/paddling-pool.cfm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now