Summer hols recommendations

(7 Posts)
Shebacharlotte Sun 12-Jan-14 22:47:21

Hi, never posted before but would love some mumsnetter recommendations please! We are a family of 5, two DSs (11yrs/10yrs) and DD aged 5. Looking for a great summer holiday venue which has a good combination of relaxation/pool time plus interesting/active stuff. My DH would go stir crazy sitting by a pool/ beach for 2 weeks (tho I could be persuaded!) so the all-inclusive places aren't that appealing, although would be good to find somewhere that DD might meet a playmate or 2. Been to France for the last 4 yrs which has been great and haven't ruled it out though would perhaps be nice to go somewhere different. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Clargo55 Sun 12-Jan-14 22:52:05

Would you rule out the UK?

There's some lovely log cabins and tree houses with forestholidays.co.uk

One of their forests is in Cornwall, its called Deerpark. Looks lovely with lots of activity's. Really reasonable prices and lots of them come with hot tubs etc. Obviously being in Cornwall their would be lots to do off site as well.

Shebacharlotte Sun 12-Jan-14 23:33:33

Thanks Clargo55. If you could guarantee me a UK summer like last year I'd be there like a shot but would be so miserable if I'd rained for 2 weeks! Will have a look at the website tho, thanks.

Clargo55 Mon 13-Jan-14 21:46:02

Bumping for you, for some more ideas smile

Shebacharlotte Thu 16-Jan-14 15:07:57

Can't believe I haven't been inundated with replies, most insulted haha! I do keep coming back to your forest recommendation though, Clargo55, it does look so lovely. What are the chances of the weather being good enough in Aug to enjoy it?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 29-Jan-14 22:01:21

Not been, but my friend really recommends this place smile

Shebacharlotte Thu 30-Jan-14 09:27:05

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now