Recommended luxury shops in London for special gifts?

(10 Posts)
Fiona2011231 Wed 11-Dec-13 11:36:21

May I ask for your advice on this?

I would like to buy some special gifts, somewhat expensive, for a friend's wedding, and for another friend's event.

Is there any luxury shop that you can recommend in London, with good car park?

At first, I thought of Harrods and Selfridges. Is there any other place?

My sincere thanks,

tweetytwat Wed 11-Dec-13 11:46:37

I haven't been to London for a very long time but ice been watching the tv prog about Liberty and I bet they have lovely stuff. Not very helpful there sorrygrin

EasterHoliday Wed 11-Dec-13 11:52:38

housewares? try Thomas Goode in Mayfair. No car park but decent street parking right outside that's never busy.
The monogrammed linen shop on Walton Street (which also has the Conran Shop at the end, NCP on Sloane Ave if you can't park on street.)
waht sort of style do they like?

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Wed 11-Dec-13 11:57:51

Liberty. Fortnight and Mason. You could do those two and Selfridges as they are quite close to one another.

Totally depends on what you want to buy though really.

merryxmasyafilthyanimal Wed 11-Dec-13 11:59:57

Sorry ignored car park bit! Selfridges has a car park. Don't think Liberty does but sure they can recommend a local one. Their number is 020 7734 1234. It will be expensive but you could park relatively near on a a sunday on the road though.

Fiona2011231 Wed 11-Dec-13 13:28:05

Thank you so much. I also think of Liberty. I did not know about Thomas Goode, so it sounds very interesting.

More advice would be great.

One gift is for a wedding overseas. So for travel, we would like to buy something not so big. But if we buy something small, it may not look proper. So something valuable and portable would be perfect.

EasterHoliday Wed 11-Dec-13 15:03:21

Valuable, portable & very british - Halcyon Days enamels? they have their own shop behind sloane sq somewhere but Harrods will sell them too - they do clocks which might fit your bill?

swooosh Wed 11-Dec-13 15:04:43

How about Aspinal or Smythson products?

swooosh Wed 11-Dec-13 15:05:21

There is an NCP near Liberty. I believe it's on or near Poland St. 2 minute walk.

Fiona2011231 Wed 11-Dec-13 16:05:13

Halcyon Days seems very interesting. I've just looked at their website and the varieties are huge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now