Where to eat in London in December

(3 Posts)
Parsnipcake Mon 02-Dec-13 20:47:11

We are coming to London for the weekend to pick up my son from the airport ( he lives in South America but is back for Christmas). There are 7 of us, me, DH and 5 children. The weekend is also Dh's birthday. We will have our refugee foster child who has never been to London or anywhere exciting, a 6 month old baby, an autistic teen, diva teen and jet lagged son (aaaargh). We normall stick to chaos like Jamie's Italian with the kids but most of the chains seem to be running mega expensive Christmas menus. We do like a good afternoon tea - we did Harvey Nicks in September and really enjoyed it

Does anyone have any suggestions for a birthday meal for DH? We will probably be near Harrods during the day, and are doing the ice Kingdom at Hyde Park in the evening. Budget wise I will do £30 ish a head for an adult menu if it is nice. My other option is wasabi near Harrids for lunch ( we love sushi) and then buying a nice cake and bits from Harrods, but in the cold winter this isn't so appealing as in the summer. We really need somewhere quietish to break the day up, as we ate staying at hotel near Heathrow so can't go back for a rest.

Parsnipcake Mon 02-Dec-13 20:48:39

Ps sorry for various typos. I am tired.

noramum Tue 03-Dec-13 16:38:00

Weekend in December in London = nightmare. I ate a lot of Christmas dinners in Central London as I work in the City and found that most aren't worth the price.

Is Victoria too far? We recently went to Brown's in a shopping centre next to Victoria Station and it was very nice.

Strada is also good but I don't know where the nearest restaurant in Knightsbridge are. We will go to the one in Covent Garden the weekend after next with 5 children (3-6 Year olds) and they didn't flinch when we booked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now