Ideas for 2 days in London without children.

(3 Posts)
Milliways Mon 21-Oct-13 20:10:23

My 2 have now fled the nest, so the years of trekking around the sites with them are finished.

DH & I are spending 3 nights at the Crystal Palace campsite in November so have 2 full days to enjoy ourselves.

I do want to visit the Taylor Wessing Photographic portrait prize exhibitoin at the Portrait gallery as been before and it was brilliant. Also, the Natural History museum Wildlife photogtaphy exhibition - so that is proabably enough museum stuff grin

If there is a deal going at the TKTS office, will see a show.

Is Borough market worth a trip? Can't afford the shard but may go an look at the outside.

What/where would you suggest? Also - where to eat that is not toooo expensive but would save me from the Barbecue at the campsite? smile

If you are into food then Borough market is a must. I moved out of London around 7 years ago but still make the 1 and half hour trip to Borough market every Sunday. The atmosphere, food and characters make it very unique.

If you like Asian cuisine, art galleries, market stalls and pubs then Brick Lane market near Liverpool St Station is also a must!

Milliways Tue 22-Oct-13 16:42:05

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now