Best London art gallery for children

(5 Posts)
PeasandCucumbers Fri 15-Feb-13 20:44:08

We are spending a weekend in London & my DD wants to go to an art gallery. She really wants to visit the William Morris museum but as that is in Walthamstow I don't really want to travel that far. DD is nearly 7 and DS is 8 so suggestions / recomendations for the best central London galleries would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

dinkystinky Fri 15-Feb-13 20:48:59

I assume you have already done the Tate modern? They have kids activity packs you can borrow.

Also good are the V+A, exhibitions at Somerset house and courtauld institute and in my list to go to is the lights exhibition on at the Hayward gallery

CarlingBlackMabel Sun 17-Feb-13 17:43:57

The light exhibition at the Heywood (there will be an entrance fee) or Tate modern or Tate Britain (free)

CarlingBlackMabel Sun 17-Feb-13 17:46:22

And if she is specifically interested on Wm Morris, then take her to Liberty, or the V&A.

Earlybird Sun 17-Feb-13 17:46:53

When she was younger, DD always particularly enjoyed the National Portrait Gallery. At that age, looking at paintings of real people was much more appealing than a landscape, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now