The rolling Football thread (2012-2013)

(285 Posts)
BelfastBloke Sun 12-Aug-12 13:04:56

The rolling Football thread for Season '12-13 might as well start off with the same intro as did the original rolling Football thread:

There are quite a lot of football fans on MN, and also loads of football-haters. If we hide here in Dadsnet, none of the detractors will find us. But if they do, they are welcome to come here and moan.

You don’t have to be male to post here, of course. (No-one would say women can’t post in the Dadsnet section, just like no woman would EVER say men aren’t welcome on Mumsnet…)

Footy fans please sign in with

1.Which team you support.
2.Which team(s) you loathe.
3.How you are getting your kids to follow the correct team.
4. A thought on the season (Premiership/Championship/Champions’ League/FA Cup/League Cup/(el clasico?)/(Euro 2012?)

BelfastBloke Mon 18-Feb-13 23:44:15

Yeah, I am saying that. All the Arsenal board became millionaires by selling their shares, thanks to Arsene Wenger.

Pan Tue 19-Feb-13 18:48:48

Counter-intuitive for fans. Utter sense for investors, then. So the speculation around Moyes would be a continuation.

But all of that side-steps the issue of what actually happens on the pitch, in a sense. A 'driver' such as Toure/Viera/Keane/Adams isn't a board concern, it's a team structure and design issue? By that I mean lots of other teams don't need a driver - the whole team get on each other's cases when things are awry. Barca, Man U, egs. Do Arsenal do that? Notwithstanding the leaking of world-class talent.

<realise blundering into a hot matter for another clubs welfare is often ill-advised..>

Still, for tonight, Up The Gooners!

Pan Tue 19-Feb-13 20:51:19

Why is the Oxe on the bench??

Ah this thread is still going! I thought it had disappeared!!

So two questions..

Have united got the league wrapped up

And

How bad a decision was sending Nani off tonight?

BelfastBloke Wed 06-Mar-13 09:42:51

It was a bad decision, but not a clearly terrible one.

Pan Wed 06-Mar-13 19:23:22

It was a v v bad decision to send Nani off. Rules don't exist in a vacuum, they require interpreting - every referee involved in every sport knows this.

Pan Sat 09-Mar-13 09:44:00

Still...it's been and gone......Chelski in the cup tomorrow! Cue another manager-change.....

Anyone else rooting for 'arry and his Houdini vision? Like Martinez a lot but his Wigan side have sailed waaaay to close too many times?

Pan Sat 09-Mar-13 09:53:45

or too close even..

Oblomov Fri 15-Mar-13 17:23:50

Spurs against Inter Milan, last night. Painful. Worst I've seen Spurs play for years. Was so awful.

Pan Sun 17-Mar-13 14:55:48

KDDDD shamrock

You might need it against Norwich this afternoon....

BelfastBloke Sun 17-Mar-13 15:16:44

Let's hope Spurs are playing even worse right now against Fulham!

Pan Sun 17-Mar-13 15:19:09

Hi BB. Here's to the Berb. About to go on R5 Live for the game, whilst cleaning the fridge.#lifeinthefastlane

Pan Sun 17-Mar-13 16:14:18

<ahem> grin

BelfastBloke Sun 17-Mar-13 16:26:50

Hi Pan. All hail to the Berb.

AS IT STANDS (and everything can change) Arse are 4 points behind Spurs with a game in hand. And (on paper) an easier run-in.

Tasty climax to the season now that both Manc clubs have made the top-of-the table so boring.

It's almost as if 4th place was a trophy, just like Wenger says...?

Pan Sun 17-Mar-13 16:42:52

plus a better goal difference, which is worth a point at times.....

BelfastBloke Sun 17-Mar-13 17:07:08

Good old Fulham!

I'm actually worried about our last home game of the season, against Wigan. I know it's about 8 games off, but as someone on BBC text commentary asked, "Do Spurs and Wigan swap teams around March? Each starts playing like the other at the end of the season." How do Wigan come on so strong every year at the end?

Right, back to stories about monsters.

Oblomov Mon 18-Mar-13 07:31:19

I thought Spurs against Inter Milan was bad, but against Fulham was just even worse.
But hang on a second, who is that.... down below me, ahh yes I'm looking down on Arsenal, below us in the table. Can't be that bad then!! Plus, we beat Arsenal the other day. Oh don't remember that bit eh Pan?

Mind you, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, all out of the Champions League , eh?

BelfastBloke Mon 18-Mar-13 14:23:43

Looking down on Arsenal now. They're 4 points behind Spurs with a game in hand.

Are you fully confident you'll be looking down on Arsenal at the end of the season?

Pan Mon 18-Mar-13 14:57:45

Oblomov tbh I had forgotten that bit.grin

I don't normally look down that far meyself.grin

DanFmDorking Wed 20-Mar-13 03:10:09

Wow! - I can't believe it - I've just been appointed Blackburn manager!
I can't wait to get cracking and ... Oh, wait, never mind.

BelfastBloke Wed 20-Mar-13 07:18:01

Heh.

Pan Wed 20-Mar-13 18:14:17

Ha!

Pan Sun 31-Mar-13 13:41:23

KDDDD! shock

any views?

You'd be doing well to get Ole Gunnar.

Pan Sun 14-Apr-13 15:51:47
Pan Thu 18-Apr-13 19:00:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now