FAMILY FRIENDLY CRUISES?

(13 Posts)
DoubleMum Sun 06-Jan-13 19:48:54

On your booking confirmation it should show if you have any tender ports. Where are you going? Ventura is great.

Fluffy1234 Thu 03-Jan-13 08:54:10

You may had to tender but it's no big deal. Just means you go on a small boat to get to shore.

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 01-Jan-13 08:30:06

Just reviving this. We've booked with P&O Ventura and slightly concerned after the comment above about big ships not getting into the ports - its huge & booked for the kids facilities

agedknees Sun 03-Jan-10 19:58:47

Google cruisecritic.co.uk. They have loads of info about cruises.

We did the Baltic cruise on Celebrity Constellation. Cannot tell you what it was like for kids as there was just dh and myself. The ship was lovely though.

The Baltic ports/cities where really good, especially St. Petersburg.

JoLo71 Wed 25-Nov-09 15:02:12

Try Royal Caribbean. They go from Southampton to the Med and Canaries. Kids facilities are fantastic. My son is 5 and was hardly ever out of the kids club.

Rumpel Thu 19-Nov-09 19:54:30

tee hee Colditz - I know but my kids will love it and DH can flaff about in the cabibn - watch TV and chill and I can go to classes and the spa - sounds good to me!

colditz Wed 18-Nov-09 16:14:11

SOunds like Hell on Earth, stuck on a ship with everyone else's kids.

ManicMother7777 Wed 18-Nov-09 16:12:50

Have a look at www.cruise.co.uk, there's a great review page and also a Q&A page.

Rumpel Wed 18-Nov-09 15:58:43

I know - it is something I have always fancied so we thought before DD starts school would be good and give us time to save for it smile. Thanks.

saythatagain Wed 18-Nov-09 14:22:28

What about canaries/med? We took our dd on a cruise to Norway (from Newcastle) when she was 2.5 years with Fred Olsen - we/she had a ball! Can't wait to go again but have to save up!

Rumpel Wed 18-Nov-09 14:13:32

DD will be 4 and DS will be 2. Know what you mean though - just don't fancy carribean or anything. Ideally want something where we can board from UK.

saythatagain Wed 18-Nov-09 14:09:14

Going to the Baltics on a cruise ship would ideally mean a smaller ship so it can get further into port (ie not the scrap yard an hour out of town) however, the smaller the ship equals less chance of being child friendly. There are some really massive ships out there with superb facilities but imo that does not equal best experience in the Baltics. Sorry this doesn't answer your question. How old are your dc?

Rumpel Wed 18-Nov-09 14:04:11

Would like to go a Baltic cruise in 2011 before DD starts school. Can anyone recommend or condemn certain ships, travel companies etc etc. Just looking for general advice really as new to cruises.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now