Has anyone been on a Disney cruise?

(10 Posts)
IsaacCox Sun 28-Jul-13 13:47:30

(Reposted from long haul as I only just noticed this cruise section was here smile)

We're planning on going to Disney again in 2015 but to satisfy our Disney needs grin we were thinking of going on a Disney cruise next year. Or actually, another idea was to add on a cruise after our stay in florida the year after next.

If we were to do it next year, we would either do a European one or transatlantic. I've found a pretty good deal I think- 2 weeks transatlantic starting in Barcelona and ending in Puerto rico for around £1500 in total. If we were to tag one onto the end of our next trip, it'd be around the Caribbean for a week or under.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has been on one, where was it, which ship and what did you think? I've never been on a cruise before but DH has, though he was about 11, so any tips or info gratefully received!

Thanks flowers

Fluffy1234 Sun 28-Jul-13 21:49:14

We went on Disney magic two years ago around the Med and loved it. I have my eye on Disney Fantasy for next year around the Caribbean. Both your ideas are good. The service, ship, food were all amazing. I loved the Med one as really enjoy sightseeing so it was a brilliant way to see Rome, Pompeii, Barcelona and Pisa.

IsaacCox Mon 29-Jul-13 13:19:37

Thanks for your reply smile

I'm so excited now! grin

I've ordered a brochure from the Disney cruise line website, can't wait for it to come.

I think we may end up having a week in Disney then a week around the Caribbean/Bahamas.

Fluffy1234 Mon 29-Jul-13 13:48:32

That's what I want to do next year, perhaps 4 nights at a Universal Studios hotel and then a week on Disney Fantasy. My DS's are teenagers now and may not want to go with us in a few more years. Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!
The ships really are beautiful. The adult only pool was like a luxury boutique hotel, with wooden loungers, thick cushions, unlimited towels and staff handing out cooling cloths. There was the perfect balance of kids stuff, family stuff and adults stuff. The dining was clever, you rotated around 3 restaurants but had the same waiters each evening which was lovely. The snack bars for lunch were also good on top deck. I loved the one that did yummy salads and wraps and the DC and DH enjoyed the hotdogs and burgers. The fireworks at sea were absolutely amazing.

IsaacCox Mon 29-Jul-13 14:06:33

It all sounds amazing smile

Can I ask who you booked it with please?

Fluffy1234 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:39:38

We booked cruise only Iglu cruise and then booked the flights separately. We booked 1 inside cabin and I balcony cabin and they were lovely sizes. Probably slightly bigger than a junior suite I had on a NCL cruise.

IsaacCox Mon 29-Jul-13 15:47:01

Great, thanks. Wish we could book it now grin

Lormiccro Fri 01-Aug-14 08:10:38

We spent 1 week in Florida & the second week on the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney magic 2 years ago, was just amazing can't wait to go back and do it all again.

Dancergirl Wed 13-Aug-14 09:26:55

Sounds great.

Anyone know how disney compares to royal carribbean?

goshdarnit Wed 13-Aug-14 09:35:04

I haven't, but this woman has. I bet she freaked the staff right out! grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXrNr1Cuypk&list=TLQmxG3Z_m_AjQBMhKtgM8RHsfg_Wo1u95
(my dd watches these videos for the shock value!)

it gives a good view of the ships and entertainment, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now